World-class athlete, Shaun White, put on a world-class performance in last nights Snowboard SuperPipe Mens Final to close out Winter X Games 12 in true X style. Despite the snow storm that moved into Aspen during the competition which slowed down riders and lessened their visibility, White still found a way to throw down one of the best runs in X Games history to win the gold with a score of 96.66.
Whites final run included a huge Lean Air, a flawless McTwist, a clean Frontside 1080 into a Fakey to Forward 1080, Front and Backside 900s, and to finish it off a Frontside 1260 at the bottom of the pipe. In true X games fashion, White went bigger than ever before by ending his run with an improbable 1260. White admitted later that he had been practicing the four spins since last season and knew he was ready to throw it down for the fans.
Whites gold medal in last nights SuperPipe tied him up with Tanner Hall, one of the most influential skiers of his generation from Kalispell, Montana, with seven first place finishes at the X games.
Snowboard SuperPipe Men's Final
Winter X Games 12
Aspen/Snowmass, Colo. - Jan. 27, 2008
Name / Bib # / Hometown / Score
1. Shaun White / 347 / Carlsbad, Calif. / 96.66
2. Ryo Aono / 324 / Matsuyama City, Japan / 88.00
3. Kevin Pearce / 343 / Norwich, Vt. / 85.66
4. Mason Aguirre / 300 / Mammoth, Calif. / 84.33
5. Kazuhiro Kokubo / 377 / Sapporo, Japan / 83.00
6. Antti Autti / 329 / Rovaniemi, Finland / 82.00
7. Danny Kass / 337 / Portland, Ore. / 81.00
8. Iouri Podladtchikov / 384 / Zurich, Switzerland / 73.66
9. Gary Zebrowski / 388 / Papeete, Tahiti / 65.00
10. Elijah Teter / 385 / Belmont, Vt. / 52.33