Mike Day dominated the Olympic Trials held in Chula Vista June 14. Day won three out of four events and secured a nomination to the first U.S. Olympic BMX team.
Kyle Bennett and Jill Kintner automatically qualified when they ended the 2008 season as the top-ranked athletes in USA Cycling's BMX Rankings.
Mike Day practices at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista.
AP Photo/Lenny Ignelzi
Final Scores From the Olympic Trials
1. Mike Day (Santa Clarita, Calif.) 32
2. Donny Robinson (Napa, Calif.) 21
3. David Herman (Wheat Ridge, Colo.) 13
4. Kristopher Fox (Phelan, Calif.) 7
5. Steven Cisar (Altadena, Calif.) 6
6. Danny Caluag (Chino, Calif.) 5
7.Tyler Brown (San Clemente, Calif.) 0