The 2008 Amgen Tour of California is in the bag after a serious example of guts and glory during Stage 7 into Pasadena. Bissell Pro Cycling rider Tom Zirbel's solo breakaway in the wind and rain didn't survive the final six circuits around the Rose Bowl.
After the trailing sprinters caught him, Big George Hincapie hammered home to take the stage.
Levi Leipheimer's Astana team protected the yellow jersey to prefection, solidifying his second Tour of California overall title in as many years.
And proving that there's more to the squad than just being "That Clean Team," Slipstream Chipotle Presented by H3O took the overall team classification by a scant 16 seconds over Astana.
Stage 7 Results
1. George Hincapie - High Road 3:50:57
2. Rory Sutherland - Health Net Presented by Maxxis 3:50:57
3. Jason McCartney - Team CSC 3:50:57
4. Michael Creed - Rock Racing 3:50:57
5. Tom Zirbel - Bissell Pro Cycling 3:50:57
Overall Individual Classification
1. Levi Leipheimer - Astana 29:24:32
2. David Millar - Slipstream Chipotle 29:25:21
3. Christian Vande Velde - Slipstream Chipotle 29:25:40
4. Fabian Cancellara - Team CSC 29:25:50
5. Gustav Larsson - Team CSC 29:25:51
Overall Team Standings
1. Slipstream Chipotle Presented by H3O - 88:17:05
2. Astana - 88:17:21
3. Team CSC - 88:25: 49
Best Young Rider
1. Robert Gesink - Rabobank 29:26:50
2. Thomas Peterson - Slipstream Chipotle 29:27:30
3. Kevin Seeldraeyers - Quick Step 29:28:12
Overall Sprint Classification
1. Dominique Rollin - Toyota-United 44 points
2. Juan Jose Haedo - Team CSC 42 points
3. Gerald Ciolek - High Road 32 points
King of the Mountain
1. Scott Nydam - BMC Rcing 26 points
2. Jurgen Vandewalle - Quick Step 19 points
3. Robert Gesink - Rabobank 17 points
Most Aggressive Rider's Jersey (awarded by the press)