Congratulations to Meb Keflezighi who ran a personal best of 2 hours, 9 minutes, 15 seconds on Sunday at the New York City Marathon and became the first American to win the race in 27 years. Monday night, he joined David Letterman on the Late Show to present "The Top 10 Thoughts That Go Through Your Mind When Running The New York City Marathon."
10. "Wow. Staten Island is even more beautiful than I imagined."
9. "Cool! MapQuest found a route that's only 5 miles."
8. "Am I experiencing the runners high or is it the bus fumes?"
7. "Is that the finish line or crime scene tape?"
6. " Why can I run 26 miles in less time than it takes to play a World Series game?"
3. "Who's that little boy waving at me? Oh, its Mayor Bloomberg."
2. "I forgot to bring the exact change for the Verrazano Bridge."
1. "I really hope that was Gatorade."
Meb Keflezighi presents the "Top Ten Thoughts That Go Through Your Mind When Running The New York City Marathon."
This was a great segment! #8 is my favorite: "Am I experiencing the runners high or is it the bus fumes?"
Which is your favorite?