Sports organizers often have to wear many hats and operate on limited budgets. You’re probably an admin, marketer, designer and logistician all rolled into one. When it comes to marketing, wouldn’t it be nice to have professional, creative graphic designs to spruce up your eteamz site? Well you can now.
Here are five easy online tools we found that will help you, the multi-tasking sports organizer, take your graphic designs up a notch (for free!):
1. Timetoast - This site allows you to create compelling, interactive timelines and share them around the web. For example, you could create a timeline of your team/league – when it was founded, how many kids competed each year, any notable championships, etc.
To show you what we mean, here’s something a Timetoast user created about the History of Women in Sports:
2. Wordle - This “toy”allows you to generate word clouds from text that you provide. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them, put them on a poster, add them to your website, or save them to the Wordle gallery.
3. Visual.ly - Here’s a website that “empowers people to tell stories with data.” It provides really easy tools you can use to create professional infographics for free.
For example, below is an infographic a Visual.ly user created about Sports & Social Media. As you can see, it’s easy to create professional, fun graphics, with no experience necessary! Choose from lots of free templates and create your own.
4. Prezi - Take your old slide decks up a level and “make your presentations zoom.” Using this free tool, you can create dynamic, professional presentations and present them online or offline.
5. eMarketing Center: This is a free resource for anyone to use! Check out articles on industry best practices,download graphic templates, watch webinars on demand, and more.