For those of you racing the full or half marathon this weekend, here are a few last-minute Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Survival Tips:
- Join Rehab United for a group dynamic warm-up: 5:30am in front of the Luxor Hotel (street side by the small sphinx statues). Look for the yellow "Run-Fit" shirts.
- Bring cold weather gear: arm warmers (yes the ones you wear on your bike), cheap cotton gloves (so you don't mind if you lose them), ear warmer (a beanie will make you too warm), and an extra large trash bag to wear like a poncho (keeps in body heat and you can ditch it around mile 2).
- Bring your own nutrition (fuel belt, gels etc.) or drink Cytomax during your last tune up workouts over the next 2 days. Never try any new nutrition on race day. Important note - the Cytomax RTD (in the bottle) is different from the powder; the powder has more carbohydrate, whereas the bottle has artificial sweetener. They will likely have the powder on the course.
- Try to negative split the race. This is a flat, fast course - so it will be easy to start out fast, but if you conserve early you should have an awesome second half of the race (it may take you that long to truly warm up). Finish strong, finish fast, but most importantly - FINISH WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE.
- Have fun! You spent $145 on this race - so you might as well make the most of it.
Enjoy the weekend in Sin City . . . I know I will!