Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

Version Comparison: What is happening to my toes?? :(

Comparing: Revision 2 » Revision 2

Color Key: Addition Deletion Change
Revision 2   By susanp40 at 3 years, 9 months ago Revision 2   By susanp40 at 3 years, 9 months ago

August 12 was my first day of running and have absolutely been hooked since, but I need help before I lose all my toe nails.  My new shoes and socks aren't doing the trick.  My son-in-law told me to run heal/toe.  This makes my strides longer and works well, but when I get about 5 miles into my run I can tell my form changes to smaller strides.  Can anyone help me in advising what I am doing wrong or how I can change whatever is not working for my toes or is this just normal??!  Thanks for your help!

August 12 was my first day of running and have absolutely been hooked since, but I need help before I lose all my toe nails.  My new shoes and socks aren't doing the trick.  My son-in-law told me to run heal/toe.  This makes my strides longer and works well, but when I get about 5 miles into my run I can tell my form changes to smaller strides.  Can anyone help me in advising what I am doing wrong or how I can change whatever is not working for my toes or is this just normal??!  Thanks for your help!