Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

Currently Being Moderated

REBEL RACE RUNNERS!! SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW

VERSION 4  Click to view document history
Created on: Apr 16, 2012 7:14 AM by CharlesVassallo - Last Modified:  Apr 17, 2012 6:59 AM by CharlesVassallo
Visibility: Open to anyone

I just ran a 5k with them in NJ this past Sunday, April 15th and what was supposed to be a fun filled, extra muddy weekend, as promised on every single ad/website that Rebel Race puts out, ended  up being a dry, dusty, poorly desinged course with no clear direction on which way to go in the woods, leaving hundreds of runners going the wrong way.  I finished second overall and race to compete and maybe if i didn't go the wrong way twice, maybe my time would have been better. But that's besides the point.  They were just not organized. 

Let's talk about MUD or complete lack of it.  There was an outrage on their FB page with runners killing Rebel Race for not having mud on the course on Saturday.  Then you think they would have resolved  that problem the next day but sure enough, I ran the first wave at 9:30 Sunday, more than enough time for course crews to be out there getting the course nice and muddy for the runners who have paid a lot of money to be there with some specific expectations, but NO, nothing at all.  NO water and NO mud, instead they made the course slippery by using vegetable oil and then later on, paint.  That is just outright wrong and nasty.  As the day progressed, you did see some crew trying to bring barrels and buckets of water on to the course but it just wasn't enough.  They said they couldn't do anything about it because there were no hose connections in the middle of the course.  I scratch my head becasue I was thinking, "why have the course in that location?"  I am sure i was not the only one thinking that but i am sure that i was one of few who tried to inquire about it on the spot. 

All they did was apologize on their FB page for the mud issue on Sarurday but then continued to collect their money, lie to people about parking on the side of the road, telling them they were going to get towed so they would go back and pay them $10 for parking, meanwhile, not one person got towed.  I believe there were some people who got some tickets on Saturday but that is just insult to injury.  They were already robbing people for the race and now they were calling the cops on some people who already spent money on the tickets, tolls and gas to get there and shelter for the night. 

As far as their FB page is concerend, They are pretty much ignoring what everybody is saying, NO RESPONSE from what i see.  They delete posts that really expose them in a negative light.  Nobody can get a word in edge-wise becasue they just don't care.  If they did, there are always ways to make it up, offer FREE food, drink, SOMETHING, half off the next race without the offer expiring.  Anyting is better than nothing. 

And let's not forget, 1 very important fact, They are greatly overpriced for what you get.  They charge the same as Spartan Race and not nearly as organized or established as them.  The setup was small and cheap, which i don't hate on and will accept if the price for the race is in the range of $50.  Small stage, below average band playing and only one band so they were not playing music all day, 1 food booth with $4 regular hotdogs (not the foot longs) and $6 hamburgers. There was a small gated section where you were allowd to drink beer and were not permitted to go anywhere else on the gound with your beer accept there..  There were lines just to get your ID checked and get a bracelett to get a beer.  If you ran the 15k, once you passed the finish line, you had to proceed to the start line but between those 2 points, there were people standing all around mainly because they were done with the race and many, to get tickets to buy merchandise or food, that line was dead smack in the middle of the starting point and the finish point.  I guess you can add that a the mystery obstacle in the 15k.  I think you get the idea.          

BREAKDOWN         

• NO MUD, ALTHOUGH ADEVERTISED AS ONE OF THE MUDDIEST RUNS
  • USED OIL AND PAINT ON THE COURSE WITH NO PRIOR WARNING
  • GREATLY OVERPRICED TICKETS
  • LIED ABOUT PARKING CLOSER TO THE ENTRANCE JUST TO MAKE MORE MONEY IN THE LOT, (WHICH WAS 4 MILES AWAY btw)
  • CALLED THE COPS TO TICKET SOME PEOPLE
  • IGNORE ALL COMMENTS ON THEIR FB PAGE
  • DELETE THE REST OF THE COMMENTS ON THEIR FB PAGE
  • THE SAME MESS WENT ON FOR 2 DAYS
  • OFFER NOTHING IN RETURN  
Comments (0)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

More by CharlesVassallo