At Jersey Fusion our mission is to teach young athletes the fundamentals of the game, through repetition, discipline and proper technique. The core goal of the coaches is to encourage our student athletes to strive for excellence in all aspects pertaining to basketball and life.
We provide progressive and challenging basketball training programs for athletes seeking to improve themselves physically and mentally. Jersey Fusion aims to create an environment where athletes will grow and learn to become strong leaders, good teammates, and better athletes than they were the first day of training.
The foundation of our organization is defined by committed, hardworking individuals who share the same philosophies and possess a great knowledge and passion for the game of basketball. Over the past 4 years our experienced and dedicated group of coaches and trainers has worked hard to not only mold Jersey Fusion into a house-hold name but we are pushing to take girls basketball, across the state, to the next level.
What We Teach:
- INTENSITY- Teaching a style of passion that instills mental toughness, a never give up attitude, and a superior work ethic that strives for excellence.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT- Developing a superior skill set that equips players with the ability to succeed at a high level.
- RESPECT- To learn the valuable lessons of respect for parents, coaches, team members, and friends, as well as to respect oneself.
- DISCIPLINE- Equipping players to be self-starters, visionary minded, and persistent. To be empowered with the determination to accomplish any goal that a player puts their mind to.
- SPORTSMANSHIP- To develop positive characteristics of learning to be a humble winner, and gracious in losing.
The organization is lead and ran by 3 women:
Our lead trainer & co-director - Tomora Young (Rutgers University Hall of Fame Inductee 2007)
Founder & co-directer - Audrey Taylor (Monmouth University) and currently Head Coach at Franklin High School (Somerset, NJ)
Fusion Elite AAU Founder & co-director - Amanda Frost (Georgian Court Universty) and currently Assistant Coach at Franklin High School (Somerset, NJ)
Learn more about us at http://www.jerseyfusion.com/thecoaches.html
View video testimony about our lead trainer, Tomora Young