Skip navigation

Currently Being Moderated

Running on Treadmill:Benefits and Workouts - Explained Visually

VERSION 3  Click to view document history
Created on: Aug 8, 2013 12:25 AM by LissaCoffey - Last Modified:  Oct 19, 2013 12:52 AM by LissaCoffey
Visibility: Open to anyone

Some of the many Benefits of running:

• Improve Your Health
  • Prevent Disease
  • Lose Weight
  • Boost Your Confidence
  • Relieve Stress
  • Eliminate Depression

run_man_fat_thin_hg_wht.gif

What about running on a treadmil and burning fat ?

For years, I've been asked if running burns more fat than other exercises. My hunch was that it might, but there was never any proof. In particular, I was always perplexed by the fact that running on treadmill burns so many calories (in some cases even more than running), yet when you look at the physiques of Olympic swimmers and compare them to elite long-distance runners, you see a more defined, cut and leaner physique on the runner. Then I read a study comparing fat burning in running and treadmil and it turned out that fat burning was 28% higher during running on a treadmil than it was during running on ground. The authors of the study aren't sure why this is so, but it is suggested that the pounding of weight-bearing activities like running on treadmil may cause more fat burning than a seated exercise like biking, or an activity like swimming where there is no pounding at all. This is intriguing research,which led me to think of buying a treadmil.Obesity has certainly grown intoa leading health hazard which has affected people around the globe. If you aresuffering from obesity, it can really bring down your overall morale. This is where treadmills come into the picture for all those who really wantto get rid of the extra bulge from their body. It would not be wrong to saythat treadmills are the greatest gift of the technology. It offers versatileexercise options, both walking and jogging, option without moving out of yourhouse. The majority of the machines helps you in measuring your speed and thedistance that you actually worked, this really helps in boosting yourefficiency while exercising.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/08/48/68/0848689dc3fd629f8f8251243145f8d2.jpg

Treadmil Workouts

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/06/8c/a2068c262b50fbe1fff9dc785512dce0.jpg

If you're new to hill work or tend to skip out because running on an incline is challenging, walking briskly will do the same magic. This interval workout combines walking hills and short sprints with just a bit of incline to reduce the chance of developing shin splints. Aside from a toned tush and thighs, intervals are also proven to target belly fat, so it's doubly effective. In about 40 minutes, you'll burn over 400 calories!You don't have to brave the cold to fit in an effective hill workout.

Continue reading to see this 400-calorie-burning treadmill interval workout.Set the treadmill incline to one, and after warming up begin this workout. For each three-minute brisk walking interval, you'll need to raise the incline to 15 percent (or as high as it'll go), and for each 60-second sprinting interval, you'll need to lower it to one. Adjust the speed as necessary if either the walking or sprinting pace seems too slow or fast.

A short workout is better than nothing at all and squeezing in any kind of fitness to prevent weight gain. To make the most out of your time, include intervals to burn more calories as well as rev up your metabolism. The next time you hop on the treadmill, give this 30-minute workout a try.

Read More on Treadmills Here:

See Treadmills @ Pinterest:

Comments (0)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

More by LissaCoffey