Skip navigation

907 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2011 10:19 PM by Killercross5 RSS
Rcreed8 Amateur 10 posts since
May 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 27, 2011 5:14 PM

I need help with being explosive

I am 5'3 and i am a little bit explosive, but i want that edge so that i can blow by my defender. What can i do to work on it

• Baller1212 Amateur 19 posts since
    Apr 9, 2011
    1. May 29, 2011 8:48 AM (in response to Rcreed8)
    Re: I need help with being explosive

Hey.There's plyometrics that you can do,their specifically for explosivness.

A couple links-

http://www.performbetter.com

There's 3 articles on there about what it is,and upper body and lower body explosivness.

If you have a facebook I also recommend adding Adam Linkenauger because he can help you anything vertical

jump which includes explosivness.Here's a link to his blog:

http://www.becomeafreakblog.com

Hope this helps.

• Killercross5 Amateur 8 posts since
    Sep 8, 2010
    2. May 29, 2011 10:19 PM (in response to Rcreed8)
    Re: I need help with being explosive

hey man. I am about ur height (5'4) and i had the same problem last year. I bought a bunch of DVD's that helped my game out and one of them hand a drill that completely helped my explosiveness. You use a tennis ball and a basketball (You can use a partner, but you can do it by yourself). Dribble the ball in one hand and have the tennis ball in the other. Drop the tennis ball maybe a footaway from yourself and let it bounce once. Before it bounces again, quickly crossover to the other hand and pick the tennis ball out of the air with your free hand (Make sure the ball is actually far enough so that you have to move to catch it). This is simulating you quickly crossing over and protecting the ball from the defenders hand. If your doing this drill the right way, it helps you be more explosive and helps your crossover get quicker. If you have any questions, just reply back to this. hope i could help

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points