Skip navigation

1582 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 8:43 PM by EPE09 RSS
I cant stick 3 Rookie 7 posts since
Apr 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 28, 2011 6:52 AM

I need help!

I am about 5'4 and evryone keeps telling me that I will never be able play basketball because Im too short, what should I do?

• ToryViking Rookie 3 posts since
    May 23, 2011
    1. May 28, 2011 6:50 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)
    Re: I need help!

I'm a girl and I'm 5'3 and everyone says I will have to grow to at least 5'6 to play college basketball, so I know how you feel

• sportsfan050 Amateur 25 posts since
    May 20, 2011
    2. May 28, 2011 7:13 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)

Well if u get an good jump shot and work on your quickness and athleticism those should help. Look at jj barea and nate robinson. They are both short but have a good knowledge of the game and are very athletic. Just keep workin at it.

• smiley37 Amateur 10 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    3. May 30, 2011 10:48 AM (in response to I cant stick 3)

Well, just curious how old are you? Most likely your going to grow, and if you don't, well the shortest player in the NBA ever was Muggsey Bogues (5'3) and the current shortest player is Earl Boykins on the Milwaukee Bucks (5'5).  So you would be able to play, but you just have to work hard.

• judebee Rookie 5 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    4. May 30, 2011 3:23 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)

i am 4'10 i beat my broy in bball    he is 19 years old   us short peple have a edvanteg on the tall peple

• AirJordanFan Amateur 20 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    5. May 30, 2011 4:26 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)

Im only 4'9'' but I am the best on my team by a lot.

• qisabeast Amateur 25 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    6. May 30, 2011 6:35 PM (in response to AirJordanFan)

A Joshua everything is fine it just depends on your athletisism and your sportsmenship.

• Mahaflac Rookie 1 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    7. May 30, 2011 7:55 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)

There is no reason you cannot do what ever you set your mind to. Do me a favor. Google the name Micah Lancaster. Read his story and tell me that you do not have a chance. You can also go to www.micahlancaster.com then look at the video on the home page located on the left side. At 4'11 in high school he wanted to play college basketball and was told he was too short to ever play at that level. He was 5'2" as a sophmore. Did not play his junior year due to an injury, was cut from two AAU teams and still accomplished his dreams. I think you will find his story amazing. My favorite saying is "it is what it is, but will be what you make it."  I am having at my school in July for a week long camp.

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    8. May 30, 2011 8:43 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)

NEVER let any ANYONE say you CAN'T. Don't have that word in your vocabulary. I'm sure if you are good, people won't care if your short. Look at Lil' Nate and Spud Webb. They're short, they're were/in the NBA. They can also dunk. Don't listen to the haters.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points