Skip navigation

1473 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2011 6:57 AM by yah my butt looks good RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 6, 2011 4:12 PM

Running For Hope Reviews

Share your experiences with the Running For Hope below Back to event details page.

• Lindsay Hickey Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 6, 2010
    1. Jun 6, 2011 4:12 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Running For Hope Reviews

Great event, Running for Hope committee!! Loved the drawstring bags and red t-shirts! Thanks for all of your hard work!

~Lindsay

• Redhot78 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 16, 2011
    2. Jun 6, 2011 4:31 PM (in response to Guest )

Loved it! It was my 1st 5k and it was a great experience!

• Libbi Ledenbach Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 26, 2010
    3. Jun 6, 2011 4:50 PM (in response to Guest )

What a fantastic event and fundraiser for Hope and the Ronald McDonald House!  They are two places very near and dear to my heart and my son's!  I too loved the drawstring bags and the red t-shirts.  I also love that there is the Kid's Dash with medals for all.  My son wanted to wear his medal again today.    Thank you for all your hard work on this race.  It was wonderful!  -Libbi

• meryl27 Pro 116 posts since
    May 18, 2009
    4. Jun 6, 2011 5:48 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event!!  Well organized, super cute bags and shirts, easy in and out parking... and very inspirational cause!!  Also, love the clocks at each mile marker.  This was my group's second year running, and we will be back next year!!

Meryl I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

C25K Graduate 7/18/2009

• Running Crazy Mom Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 9, 2008
    5. Jun 6, 2011 7:14 PM (in response to Guest )

This is my 4th year of participation and my 1st year as a fundraiser. As always, this run was well organized. The volunteers were helpful, friendly and enthusiastic.  Loved the red tees and the drawstring bags this year. Loved the kids dash and the fact that they all wore the #1 and everyone received a medal. Only negative was that there was no coffee truck this year:( Was looking forward to my morning joe after the run. Looking forward to next year.

• Hunter's Elephants Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 21, 2011
    6. Jun 7, 2011 6:10 AM (in response to Guest )

This was our first time walking in this event and we had so much fun.  We never heard about this event until one of our neighbors ended up spending a lot of time at the house because of their son's heart condition.  I cannot wait until the next walk.  It was very well organized and I loved how people came out of their houses to cheer people on.  It was great.  See you next year.

• Carol Harrigan Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2011
    7. Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM (in response to Guest )

Hi. This was my first year for this event. I got about 20 family members and friends together to support this cause for our daughter who is being treated by Dr. Gourineni. What a great event. The parking was easy, the bags and tshirts were cute. The best part of this was all the volunteers. They were great. They cheered everyone on. Loved that they gave water at check points too. Great cause and organized well.

• Nancy Todnem Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    8. Jun 7, 2011 10:55 AM (in response to Guest )

Very well-organized run and lots of fun!  A huge THANK YOU to all staff of Hope Children's Hospital and Ronald McDonald House!  All volunteers were so helpful and enthusiastic along the way.  Thanks to all the vendors who supplied the treats.  Love the red bag too! --Nancy

• dizzy_rn Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 15, 2011
    9. Jun 7, 2011 12:36 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 5K and I enjoyed the experience!!! Great turn out and wonderfully organized event and fundraiser! Will definitely do it again next year!

• Newzscoop Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 11, 2007
    10. Jun 7, 2011 5:03 PM (in response to Guest )

Love running this race! One suggestion: have Oak Lawn Police direct traffic at 95th and Keeler for those turning north to get to the parking lot. Otherwise, everything was great! See you in 2012.

• Elizabeth Kort Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 31, 2010
    11. Jun 7, 2011 8:27 PM (in response to Guest )

It was a great event, the best volunteers.  Thank you to all.  The clocks at mile 1 and 2 were very helpful for runners to know if they are keeping a good pace.  Thanks for the water stations too.  It was pretty muggy!  You had all the bases covered.  The post race food items were ideal:apples, oranges, bananas, bagels, danish.  WOW.   I saw a lot of people waiting in line for the PT stretch and the Running Excels was a big draw as well.  All around great event, hope to make it again next year.

• yah my butt looks good Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 15, 2009
    12. Jun 8, 2011 6:57 AM (in response to Guest )

Mediocre at bestthey were literally setting up the timing device 10 minutes before the start of the race-this should be done an hour before-

2-the race started latei hate thatits says a time--stick with it

3-couldnt even hear the national anthem being sung and most people couldnt either and hence they talked thru the whole anthem

a lot of people say this race was fantasticthey need to run more to get a better perspective-but at least it was for a good cause and the goody bag was nice

probably will not run again

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...