Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

23712 Views 167 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2011 10:02 PM by hanjinyo RSS Go to original post 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next
  • hanjinyo Amateur 18 posts since
    Mar 30, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    165. May 26, 2011 5:54 AM (in response to edensacres)
    Re: Starting C25K Monday 3/28/11

I'm repeating W8 again this week because I was only able to get 2 sessions in last week.  So far things have been good, just depending on the day.  Sometimes I have to take breaks, other times I breeze right through the 28 minutes.  I'm moving back to Beijing this Saturday and plan to continue running.  Well I'll give myself a week to recover from jetlag and settle a bit.  After this training program is finished, I'll start the C210K plan, I figure, "why stop here?"  I never imagined being able to run a 5K and here I am!  So what's keeping me from doing a 10k and even more. 

Good luck to all you runners, I hope I see you all around again in other forums on the site. 

• edensacres Pro 197 posts since
    Jun 19, 2010
    166. Jun 2, 2011 10:54 AM (in response to smarie24)

It really works!  Just wanted to give you an update.  Last saturday I completed my first 5K!  You'll note I said completed, not ran.  My pace at the beginning was way off my target (eg 4 minutes faster) so after a few minutes I was winded so I ended up walking a bit.  Then I tried running again, and again I was too fast, so kept alternting run, walk, run, walk etc with the goal simply to finish.  Before the event I figured I'd come in at about 45 minutes.  To my surprise - I came in at 38:03.  Holy crap is all I can say.  C25K really works! - Now I'm back to week 5 day 1 to complete the program for distance, not time...

Jinny Han - how's the move?

Everyone else- what's up?

Stephanie

Started C25K 3/29/11 for the third time - Graduated 7/1/11 - some of us take longer

Completed Races

Webster Co. Woodchopping Festival 5K (5/28/11) 38:03 "Holy crap! Did he just say 38 something? I was hopinig for 45 minutes"

Never underestimate yourself!

That Dam Race 5K 7/23/11 44:46 - a challenging route & a hot day- but I will do better next year!

"Run for the Ta-Ta's 5K 10/29/11 39:54 in the snow!

Woodchoppers 5K 5/26/12 36:08 My 5 year old was 5 minutes behind me. Way to go Liat!

Fly By 10k 6/16/12 1:24:12

And the dream race...

"Flying Pig Half Marathon" Cincinnati, OH (May 2013)

• hanjinyo Amateur 18 posts since
    Mar 30, 2011
    167. Jun 8, 2011 10:02 PM (in response to edensacres)

That's so awesome!!!!!!! I can't wait to run my first 5K.  It's so great that you have completed your first run, and it'll get only better from this point on.  How did you feel as you were getting towards the end of the marathon, were you just pooped or did you get a renewed burst of energy?  What was your goal time? 

I have been in Beijing little more than a week now and haven't run once   My diet has gone from organic foods and running 3x a week to several pints of beer per day, fried bread and oily noodles, with maybe some aerobic cardio once a week.  It will get better I promise, I can't even begin to explain how hard and expensive it is to maintain a Western life here.  I will start running at least once a week outside, but really worried about the long term health effects it may have on me.  To give you an idea: NYC is supposed to have the worst pollution in the US and its at about an index of 50-70.  Beijing is 300 on a good day!!!  But people do it, I"ve seen a few expats running in the streets while Chinese people look at them like they're crazy. 

I would love to keep in touch with anyone.  Eden I believe we're already added each other as friends? Keep up with running every week and who knows, we'll soon be sharing our hardships training for 10Ks, 1/2, and then full marathons!!

xxxxx Jinny

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points