Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

494 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 9, 2011 12:17 PM by jojo7 RSS
catwoman1 Expert 40 posts since
May 28, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 6, 2011 3:57 AM

How often do you get new orthodics

I'm a severe overpronator (flat feet) and wear custom made orthodics. I was wondering how often/after how many miles I should replace them. I've noticed some stiffness in my right knee when I run and suspect I may be due for a new pair (they're only 7 months old) but dread shelling out the $300+ for them.

• jojo7 Amateur 27 posts since
    May 9, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 9, 2011 12:17 PM (in response to catwoman1)
    Re: How often do you get new orthodics

Hi catwoman- 7 months is definitley way too early to replace custom orthotics! what you may want to do is go back and see your doctor or whomever put you in the orthotics. They may need to make small adjustments. Also another issue that can arise is that your shoes are too worn in a certain spot causing some imblance... so defintlety go check them out. Hope it clears up. I know its frustrating, especially with the price you paid for them!

JoJo

www.MyRaceRagZ.com

"What will you WEAR on your next RACE DAY???"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points