Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

14402 Views 32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 12:18 AM by leonb33 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • kkreuz Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 13, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Mar 30, 2011 8:58 AM (in response to Bimma)
    Re: Best earbuds for running?

I know this is an old thread, but I am so excited about my new earbud solution that I just had to share. After years of experimenting with dozens of headphones that didn't work for me (I must be a really bouncy runner) I have finally found something that doesn't budge. They're called Yurbuds earbud enhancers. Check them out at yurbuds.com. They make headphones too, but I just got the silicone pieces that I attached to my iPhone earbuds. There is an iPhone app that helps you size them by taking a photo of your ear while holding a quarter next to it. They figure out what size you need from that. They don't even move if I accidently knock the cord with my arm swing. Best $20 I ever spent!

• Surfing_Vol Legend 848 posts since
    Nov 6, 2007
    16. Mar 30, 2011 12:25 PM (in response to kkreuz)

I like Yourbuds, but I have to keep adjusting them to keep them in.

Presentation1.jpg

Surfing Vol

"Victory through attrition!"

Charleston Half-Marathon 1/15/2011 -- 1:52:03

The Scream! Half-Marathon 7/16/2011 -- 1:56:00

• RunningPro1 Amateur 12 posts since
    May 19, 2011
    17. May 19, 2011 12:00 PM (in response to Bimma)

By far the Ironman Yurbuds are the best I've ever tried. I've been using them now for 3+ months and everything about them is awesome! Great sound, they don't fall out, and they're very comfortable.

Kevin Bupp

Running Executive

Kevin@MyRaceRagz.com

www.MyRaceRagz.com

What Will You Wear On Race Day?

• MrNibbles Amateur 16 posts since
    Apr 25, 2011
    18. May 22, 2011 8:47 AM (in response to Bimma)

I use Sennheiser PMX 70 Sport Earbud Line Stereo Neckband Headphone and they work very well for me.

2011:

Loop The Lakes 5K Vernon Hills 4/30/11: 28:49

Fox River Running Club Weight Watchers® Walk-It Day 5k Mchenry 5/22/11: 29:32

Grant Township 5K 2011 8/14/11: 26:13

Long Grove Turkey Trot 2011 11/24/11: 27:43

• jojo7 Amateur 27 posts since
    May 9, 2008
    19. Jun 9, 2011 12:20 PM (in response to Bimma)

Check out Yurbuds (you can get them online or best buy, etc)! They are awesome!

JoJo

www.MyRaceRagZ.com

"What will you WEAR on your next RACE DAY???"

• ThinBound (Jaime) Pro 113 posts since
    May 31, 2011
    20. Jun 10, 2011 2:14 PM (in response to Bimma)

Have you tried runphones?

• Guy Grim Pro 61 posts since
    Nov 14, 2010
    21. Jun 12, 2011 4:22 PM (in response to Bimma)

Training

656 Total Miles Since November 15, 2010 - 35 Miles YTD (1/20/12)

PR

5K - 27:46 (07/24/2011)

20K - 01:59:39 (09/05/2011)

13.1M - 02:08:58 (08/07/2011)

26.2M - TBD in 2012

Recent Races

Orange, CT - 5K Chilly Chili Run - Time of 29:07 - 1/1/2012

TeamGrimmy.com

• MariaGomes Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 5, 2011
    22. Oct 5, 2011 2:34 AM (in response to flamomof3)
    Best earbuds for running?

The best earbuds or iPod headphones I have found for running are the new ZIPPEARZ sports ear buds. These comfy ear buds won’t fall out – which means that no matter how sweaty I get or how much I move, my music remains uninterrupted. This is important – on the trail or pavement, the last thing I want is to be struggling with ear buds that keep slipping out. These jogging headphones are by far the sturdiest, most comfortable earbuds for running that deliver amazing sound. I cannot stand the feeling of damp, slippery headphones , and so far, these ZIPPEARZ sports ear buds have been the only sports headphones that actually stay in place while I jog.

best earbuds

• RunGoddessBA Amateur 24 posts since
    Dec 8, 2011
    23. Dec 8, 2011 12:19 PM (in response to Bimma)

I've got a pair of Sennheiser wrap arounds. The earbuds are partially coated with plastic to help with the sweat, the wrap around arm keeps the ear buds in place while moving. They now have the model I have in an Adidas line, here is the link: http://www.sennheiser.ca/live/senn/produit/en/1330/161

RunGoddess developer of the finest temporary tattoos for runners and triathletes. Free shipping to Canada and the US on orders $13.00 or greater.

• cindy1019 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 28, 2011
    24. Dec 19, 2011 6:23 AM (in response to Bimma)

I tried Sonnheiser earphones that wrap around the back of your neck. Two pairs broke after wearing them on 3 - 4 5K runs. I ended up with Yurbud ear clips. They stay in and work well. I sometimes get a crackling sound when the wires running from the earbuds tighten, but I pull them loose and they are fine.

• H Hersey Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 20, 2008
    25. Dec 29, 2011 5:18 PM (in response to Bimma)

Bimma,  I've had similar issues for years with the Apple earbuds, falling out during runs.  I even bought a pair of those prices Bose earbuds, and found they were just as bad!  Recently I found a great solution:  the Ink'd headphones by Skull Candy.  They can be purchased for about $10-12 oer set at discount stores like TJX, are very stylish, and have superior sound to the Apple earbuds.  And they never fall out...they work perfectly with Aple products like iPods and are perfect in every way for running!!  Good luck...

• hector361 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 31, 2011
    26. Dec 31, 2011 12:22 PM (in response to Bimma)

I got tired of the earbuds wires getting caught on everything so I went with wireless earbuds. Sony makes some nice ones and they come with a bluetooth adapter if you don't have one on your phone. It's pretty easy to link up to your phone. here's a tutorial How to Make Wireless Earbuds

• Rod6134 Rookie 6 posts since
    Sep 8, 2008
    27. Jan 3, 2012 6:02 PM (in response to Bimma)

I own a pair of Bose IE headphones and LOVE them. I have had mine for a couple of years now and the only problem I have ever had is the silicone earbuds come off pretty easy, a simple fix is a dab of glue. They are light-weight and the sound is very good. Hope this helps.

• ryanxcrunner Rookie 5 posts since
    Feb 3, 2012
    28. Feb 3, 2012 8:25 PM (in response to Bimma)

For great, comfortable shirts to wear wile running or really any time, check out Wiz Wear clothing at http://www.wizwearinc.com/

and if you use the promo code, wiz2 you get free shipping for any items as many times as you want! GET INSPIRED, GET WIZ WEAR.

• jasonchris Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 29, 2011
    29. Mar 17, 2012 7:41 PM (in response to ryanxcrunner)

I would recommend checking out this article: http://www.workoutheadphones.org/best-headphones-for-running/

They layout the 4 basic types of headphones and their choices for each style, so you get an idea of what's available.

Personally I won't run with earbuds unless they have another positive support like an earhook, ear fin, or neckband.  I like the new Monster iSport a lot.  The Bose IE2 are pretty great too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...