Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1116 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2011 11:43 AM by DawgDays
softball_umpire Rookie 5 posts since
May 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 9, 2011 8:19 PM

where did all the old timers from this board go?

I remember some of you, like Rich Ives, Mike CVUA, and STL Ump, but where did most of the old vet like Atlanta Blue, Rita C. and the others disappear to?  It has been a few years since I have been here and was just wondering.  Thanks.

BTW, nice to see you 3 again.

• Rich_Ives Legend 1,283 posts since
    May 25, 2007

Haven't seen AB in a long time.  A lot of folks just wear out answering the same questions over and over and over.

Many of the LL folks like Rita are on the LL Facebook discussions section.

• Mike_CVUA Legend 593 posts since
    May 25, 2007

I think the crash occurred when Eteamz switched to Active.com.  When they rebuilt the board last year, it was a disaster.  It was very nard to navigate arount to begin with.

Not the least of the problems was when they reloaded the history, everybody got about 300 re-transmisions of e-mails the Active was predisposed to send out.  Can you imagine all the BBerry's, iPhones, and Droids going off every 10 seconds for hours at a time?  I actually had to build a dummy e-mail account so that if it launched again, it would not bother me.  I think that gave a lot of people the "Travelling Jones".

Also, you may have noticed that there are at least three difference places where rules are discussed, and ostensibly they apply to the same levels.  And you are made to think that one particular place is THE ONLY place where rules are discussed.  You you might miss some wise exegesis from some of us mouldy old umpires.

I tell you what I DON'T miss!  That's HENRY'S BASEBALL CLUB and his incessant Spams and gibberish!  I also don't miss the guy who was 100% an apologist for Barry Bonds and his steroids.

I suspect that the umpires who do Fed and NCAA probably deal with more esoteric boards where tougher questions are asked.  But hang in there SB_ump!  You may become the old man here someday, and people will rely on your wisdom too!

Cheers!

Mike CVUA

• Pete_Booth Pro 163 posts since
    May 25, 2007

Atlanta Blue (AB) is a regular at the NFHS Discussion Forum

Every now and then I see Rita Post at the official Forum but I think she went elsewhere.

The new format has something to do with the decline but IMO, this Forum is mainly a LL Discussion Forum and unless you umpire in LL it's difficult to add value to the discussions because LL rules / Regs are unique. We used to have great debates /  discussions at eteamz back in the day other then simply LL type questions.

Also, very rarely if at all do you see FED / NCAA questions here as there is no more FED/NCAA Forum which normally would "buzz" during the HS  / College season. Therefore, this Forum has lost posters who are now umpiring at those levels.

Pete Booth

• Rich_Ives Legend 1,283 posts since
    May 25, 2007
  • Michael_Taylor Community Moderator 318 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    5. Jun 10, 2011 11:16 AM (in response to Rich_Ives)
    Re: where did all the old timers from this board go?

Manny and a few others are still here, but we need to build a new following. I don't follow the facebook page, too daned annoying trying to follow a thread. Discussion boards should be exactly that, a board, not a social network board. It's good that LL is doing something to make their stances know but I think it should be more of a press release site.

Michael S. Taylor

• DawgDays Pro 156 posts since
    May 25, 2007

I didn't know there was a LL Facebook discussion.  I should go look, though I can't get at it while I'm at work.

I've been taking to answering the rules-oriented questions at Yahoo! Answers, but that's not really a discussion.

So, I come here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...