Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

27466 Views 200 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2011 11:25 AM by Marcy0414 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next
  • SiberMom Pro 104 posts since
    Mar 28, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    196. Jun 10, 2011 9:22 AM (in response to Alder2011)
    Re: Kangoo Shoes

Hi Simon,  glad you are taking a rest day.  I have been tempted to do consecutive days, but I worry about an overuse injury on my old body...LOL  I've made myself stick to the program...LOL  Our weekend is supposed to be very wet...glad I bought a rain jacket for Sunday!

Bayley, the way Kangoo Jumps were explained to me is that they take a lot of the stress off your muscles and joints.  She also said because you focus on balance, they also work your abs.  Don't know first hand though.  They are odd looking contraptions.  If there is anyone at the half marathon with them this weekend, I'll ask more questions.

Keep trekkin' (tomorrow)

Denise

Cooter 5K completed May 28, 2011 in 34:05!

Lake Placid Half Marathon  June 12, 2011 in 2:48:06!

Madrid Bluegrass Ramble 5K completed  June 25, 2011 in 34:38!

Massena 5K completed July 2, 2011 in 34:48 with casualites...LOL!

Tour de Potsdam 5K completed July 14, 2011: untimed

Maine Half Marathon scheduled October 2, 2011

• baymacae Expert 50 posts since
    Apr 21, 2011
    198. Jun 11, 2011 5:36 PM (in response to Alder2011)
    Re: Resting Daze!!!

We had a garage sale today, so during a slow period I ran around the neighborhood a bit.  It was no where near a full workout, but better than nothing I suppose. My legs are sore from a P90X leg workout I did last night (not sure if I mentioned I'm doing P90X too or not, but I'm in week 10 of that).  Hopefully we will get in a great run tomorrow...that's the plan anyways.  Not sure if we will do W1D1 of B210k or if we will do a speed increasing run.

Denise--How did that half go???  Can't wait to hear the update!!

Simon--I have a feeling I'm going to have the slowest 5k time :-(  lol, but it's all good...I'm suprised to be able to run a 5k at all.

I'm about to make us a new thread...

<3 Bayley

blog: 

baymacae.blogspot.com

race results:

Mudbug Madness 5k (June 2011) -- 36:49.5

Firecracker 5k (July 2011)--32:15.6

Hot Pursuit 5k (July 2011)--32:43.9

• baymacae Expert 50 posts since
    Apr 21, 2011
    199. Jun 11, 2011 5:41 PM (in response to Alder2011)
    Re: Today is W2D1. Here we go!!

<3 Bayley

blog: 

baymacae.blogspot.com

race results:

Mudbug Madness 5k (June 2011) -- 36:49.5

Firecracker 5k (July 2011)--32:15.6

Hot Pursuit 5k (July 2011)--32:43.9

• Marcy0414 Amateur 37 posts since
    Apr 12, 2011
    200. Jun 12, 2011 11:25 AM (in response to baymacae)
    Re: Update on me

Hey all!!  I'm still on the sidelines so far.... I've been resting the foot, also icing and doing epsom salt soaks (suggested by one of my customers, she is a runner)  I'm still not convinced this is plantars fasciitis..  So I'm looking at going to another Dr. in a few weeks. (really I'm not usually like this, but I just didn't feel the other Dr. was listening to me)   I think I have found a nice team of Dr's. locally, that look a little more up on things.  Funny thing,, about the other Dr.  He wanted me to have an MRI of my back,,, LOL... I haven't received a call back about when my Appointment is for it..  So I'm guessing by my reaction to what he said to me, they figured I wasn't very interested in having it done..  So I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing... It seems like it has eased a bit,, could it be the shot,,, hmmm,, not convinced of that either.. think it's more of what I'm doing...

On another note... Went to the New Balance store and was talking to the one guy there,,, he is a runner... he knows that I was doing the C25K, and the problems I have been having,,, He suggested that I go to the site www.goodformrunning.com   He told me that I shouldn't be using the heal strike method of running.  Well,, that's the only way that I know how to run... However... I'm open to new things... I'm not sure I can do it... but what I've been reading, it's better to run with a midfoot strike... I'm not going to be trying this anytime soon... I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing to heal, my heel,, go to the Dr. and hopefully get going again... By then I'll have a lot to make up...

And,, I'm not sure of who said this,,, I think Laura,,,but I've also been looking into the deep water running,,and I think I may give it a try too... Our gym does have the equipment, and also a class with some other elements to it.  With there being no real pressure on one area of your body, and it would be real easy on my joints and feet.  I'm going to get this going.  Everything that I've read, they said that with the deep water running, when the runners return to the land, they have quicker times... Sooooooo....... Watch out!!  When I'm healed,,, loook out... I'll be on your heels!!!!  (hehee,,, pun intended)

My daughter will be in all week from VA so we're going to be pretty busy, but I figure I can start the day after she leaves... So.. next Wednesday I should be in the "pool".   (eeek, I have to find a 1 piece bathing suit)

Keeping running everyone!!

Have a great week!!

Message was edited by: Marcy0414

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...