Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2144 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 3:18 PM by skypilot77 RSS
TheGreenKnight Amateur 19 posts since
Feb 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 15, 2011 5:41 PM

Getting my own place soon, help Im nervous

I have realised that living in a household that is not conducive to my goals is not a good thing. My father wanted me to move out too. So Im already in the process of getting my own crib but to be honest I think it wont be fun. Im scared that i will be so lonely. If you have your own place how is it like? How was it when you first moved?

• ColoCorredor Pro 97 posts since
    Dec 14, 2010
    1. Feb 15, 2011 7:08 PM (in response to TheGreenKnight)
    Re: Getting my own place soon, help Im nervous

Don't be nervous, Green Knight!  Getting your own place is fun and liberating!!  There will definitely be an adjustment period in the beginning, but you will find plenty of ways to fill your free time.  Besides, you can always invite friends over, or go out for a run, or cook a fantastic healthy dinner.  The options are endless!

Good Luck on finding a new crib, and getting settled!

Believe you can do it. Think no other way but “Yes you can.”
    The human body is capable of considerably more physical endurance than most of us realize!!
  • Sarahunni1717 Amateur 13 posts since
    Apr 27, 2008
    2. Jun 12, 2011 8:04 AM (in response to TheGreenKnight)
    Re: Getting my own place soon, help Im nervous

I was nervous when I got my own first place as well. I was 25 and had been living with 2+ housemates for years.

Honestly, you need to be okay with being a little lonely. It's part of being independent. It may seem uncomfortable, because its unknown, but being by yourself doest not mean that you can't be happy and be alone. Overall, I am! I was worried about the same thing when I moved out, cause I am a very social person.

Realize that you will have times where you feel lonely- but that doesn't mean that you will suffer. It's just a new feeling- it doesnt have to be bad.

Hang in there! You will love it- it was the best thing I've done for myself!!

5/1 Saint Lukes Half Marthon 2:20:22

6/18 Wilson WAPE 5K 28:29 Filly award

9/11 Lehigh Valley Half Marathon 2:16:43

• Longrun4funII Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 21, 2011
    3. Oct 21, 2011 11:53 AM (in response to TheGreenKnight)

I'm sorry I won't be much help as I still live in my parent's basement but before I'm 55 I plan on moving out.  Good luck to you.

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    4. Oct 21, 2011 3:18 PM (in response to TheGreenKnight)

When I moved out of my parents house I was too busy to worry about being lonely.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...