Skip navigation

2665 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2011 5:04 AM by 23AirJordan
23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
Mar 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 8, 2011 7:07 AM

Best player of all time

All right to me and a lot of people it's obvious that Jordan is the best player of all time but I know a lot of  people don't think that he is so tell me who you think the best player of all time is.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• Dhsla Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 6, 2011
    1. Jun 8, 2011 9:18 AM (in response to 23AirJordan)
    Re: Best player of all time

I personally believe Jordan is the best because a lot of the great things the other guys do came from him

• Lebron6James Amateur 21 posts since
    Jan 9, 2011
    2. Jun 9, 2011 1:48 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)

i cant pick fron Micheal Jordan Kareen abduall jabbar and wilt chamberlain, you cant forget about kobe , what did jordan do that kobe didnt

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    4. Jun 9, 2011 6:26 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)

best player of all time is michael jordan or magic johnson

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

• ewade50 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 10, 2011
    5. Jun 10, 2011 8:40 AM (in response to 23AirJordan)

Oscar Robertson

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    6. Jun 10, 2011 9:08 AM (in response to ewade50)

lebron james

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

• iPlayPoint94 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    8. Jun 11, 2011 7:59 AM (in response to 23AirJordan)

Let me get this straight, this Debate continues till this day, I can fully say this, not as a biased comment, but as a fact & Basketball Fan/Player, Michael Jordan is by far the most verstile player to play the game, and COULD be the best, but then lets put the Statistics aside, Michael is a SG, but yet he can play defence like a Forward which gives him that upper edge, he is capable of scoring ridiculous numbers games in and games out, but then there is Wilt Chamberlain, many people may not know him but that guy was a beast, he broke so many records, and also he played Center but had some "Guard like traits" I can't really have the final say, I myself am in a Development stage of my basketball "career", Im only 16 but I know exactly what I am talking about, if there are people who should be in the "Best NBA Player of all Time" debate it should be either:

Larry Bird

Magic Johnson

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Michael Jordan

Oscar Robertson

Shaquille O'Neal

Bill Russell

Pete Maravich

Dominiuqe Wilkins

And pretty much all the basketball Players in the "NBA's Top 50 Players" but let me say this once, and please remember this, each and every player that has played basketball has a unique style of playing, yeah sure Dwyane Wade plays somewhat similar to Lebron James, but that does not mean they play 100% alike, each player cannot be compared to each other because each and every play style is altered to suit the player, like Dwight Howard is like Shaq, but only much more quicker and leaner, do you see what I am getting to here? It is hard to try and be better than Michael Jordan because his play style is so unique, only he can do the moves he did, so you can't really be the "Next Jordan".

• cntmeasureheart Pro 103 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    9. Jun 11, 2011 11:53 AM (in response to iPlayPoint94)

mj is best all time but if ur gonna list oneal as one of the best all time u gotta list duncan 2.

• brandonroy Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 31, 2010
    10. Jun 12, 2011 7:01 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)

If I do pick someone besides Jordan, I'll say him and wilt chamberlain are the best. Larry bird is up there, too. I might also add brad doraty because
    I'm a cavs fan.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...