Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

450 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 3:45 PM by JamesJohnsonLMT RSS
Mylifeaskayla Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2011 2:35 PM

Foot pain on the inside of the foot. Help ):

Hello. I'm not sure if anyone could help me or not, but I'm starting to train for a marathon. I used to be a cross country runner about 2 years ago, but it fell through when I developed tendonitis in my knee. After it got better I only ran every once in a while.  I started running again, and its been about two weeks. For the past 5 days, I've had pain on the inside of my foot. Its below the ankle and medial. There is no ankle pain, toe pain, heel pain or anterior/posterior foot pain. I did get new shoes because my old ones were completely worn out and I did talk to someone about which ones to get (I stuck to saucony because they are comfortable) I'm not quite sure what it is. I tried icing, wrapping, and elevating but the pain is still occurring. I rubbed it out today to maybe get rid of some inflammation and about 15 minutes later I couldnt put any pressure on it.  Its sharp and stabbing. Any advice or input would be really great.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points