Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

999 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 2:22 AM by dwm082
Phillip Senter Pro 48 posts since
May 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 23, 2011 9:58 PM

Spam in blog section

Is it just me or does there seem to be an overabundance of spam threads in the Blog section?

http://community.active.com/people/triggerracing/blog/2011/06/21/w1d1

• dwm082 Community Moderator 1,063 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 1, 2011 2:22 AM (in response to Phillip Senter)
    Re: Spam in blog section

There's a ton of spam throughout the blog and forum sections. The other moderators and I do what we can to keep remove it from the forums and, when we can, we'll also try to wipe it out from the various blogs. Usually this involves finding all the posts associated with a user ID, reviewing them to make sure they're really spam, then manually deleting each one. Sometimes we have permissions to do that, sometimes we don't. I generally report chronic abusers to administrators so they can remove the accounts entirely.

A big thank you, by the way, to those of you who take a few moments to report spam or abusive posts. It makes an overwhelming task more manageable for the moderators when you let us know about those posts -- we can't all be here all the time! Those extra few seconds you take help us make the forum experience better for everyone (except, with any luck, the spammers)!

Don

2012 Race Schedule

Providence Marathon (4:48:55)

Buffalo Half-Marathon (2:03:16)

Chicago Marathon (October 7)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...