Skip navigation

201 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 26, 2011 3:42 PM by MichaelHoyt1 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 26, 2011 3:42 PM

Bean Blossom Half Marathon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Bean Blossom Half Marathon below Back to event details page.

• MichaelHoyt1 Amateur 14 posts since
    Mar 14, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 26, 2011 3:42 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Bean Blossom Half Marathon Reviews

Advertised as the Toughest Half Marathon in Indiana. The last 1.5 Miles was a very steep and challenging uphill. Pros:  It was nice to run on peaceful rolling country roads with very little running or vehicle traffic. The weather was in the mid 60's with overcast misty skies. Excellent running weather. The finish line was manned. They gave medals over your neck when finished and there were water and snacks at the end.  Cons:  The race started 15-20 minutes late. The Director said he thought we were on Central Time Zone.  There was no race personnel ready at the start line and confusion where to start.  There was quite a walk to get to the start line.  There was one portalet for the 60-70 runners. Water station were every two miles, but the Mile 6 station was empty.  I registered early and I got the wrong size shirt at packet pickup.  The price in 2011 went up $20 ($45 in 2010 to $65, 2011).  For such a small race, there was no race day pickup which was inconvenient for the location.  But, all complaints aside, any morning to get a long run in is a great morning!  I understand that even though there was not that many people there, that there is still age group awards from first three in 5yr increments. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...