Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1319 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2011 6:08 PM by scofflaw
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 10, 2011 6:18 PM

Route 66 10K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Route 66 10K below Back to event details page.

• Tom Wickenhauser Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 8, 2008
    1. Apr 10, 2011 6:18 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Route 66 10K Reviews

This is a great 10K.  I run it every year.  You will not be disappointed. 

• christine94 Expert 56 posts since
    Sep 23, 2008
    2. Jun 13, 2011 5:43 AM (in response to Guest )

Great 10k route.  Well planned and well organized.  The once weekly run on the route is great too.  Highly recommend this 10k!

• Sirk6 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 27, 2010
    3. Jun 13, 2011 6:55 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 10K.  It was great!  Well organized. Loved that volunteers were posted on route more than just the mile markers.  Perfect coverage.  I've gone to a lot of races lately that had WARM water for the runners (boooo!).  I thought it was fantastice that there were plenty of refreshing beverages at the end and plenty of fruit and other food items. LOVE THE POPSICLES!  Having the Dominos guy there was a great idea. However, I wish he would have hung around for another 1/2 hour. I wasn't able to get a slice. I know this is a 10K event but I do have one suggestion...maybe add a 5K option? I belong to a running team and a 10K is too long of a distance for the majority of them.  They are a lot of beginning runners and "non-athlete" runners.  I think adding a 5K option will attract even more participants.  I plan on participating every year!

• deyong170 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 13, 2011
    4. Jun 13, 2011 7:00 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 10K and I was very impressed. Very well organized and great set up at the finish line with food and drinks. I hope to participate again next year.

• christina_lori Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 24, 2009
    5. Jun 13, 2011 7:38 AM (in response to Guest )

Enjoyed this race.  It was well organized, water/gatorade every mile, lots of volunteers cheering throughout the route, large selection of post-race snacks.  It was great that the route went through the paved forest trail; it provided good shade.  Well done!

• palbert Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 21, 2007
    6. Jun 13, 2011 5:07 PM (in response to Guest )

Great Race!  Check out my race report @ http://patrick-trailanderror.blogspot.com/

• russdar40 Rookie 3 posts since
    May 31, 2011
    7. Jun 14, 2011 6:20 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 10k im an inexperienced participant, but found the organization for the event was excellent, from picking up my race packet "thought the tee shirts were great", to the race to the finish , enjoyed the course ,was well marked and marshalled, all the way to the finish the results were handled quickly and well the food and bev,s after were good too, really liked the photo,s by tom atwood too seems like he really captured the efforts that were put in, really enjoyed the whole event willrun again next year and use this event as a spring board in my newly found running career...Russ Darbon, Edwardsville Il

• AJBishop Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 25, 2009
    8. Jun 15, 2011 6:35 PM (in response to Guest )

Loved this race! Very well organized, and the course was awesome.

• scofflaw Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 1, 2010
    9. Jun 26, 2011 6:08 PM (in response to Guest )

This is a very enjoyable course with great support along the way. I would recommend this race to anybody. ENJOY!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...