Skip navigation

873 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 4:24 PM by squareupnow RSS
Halif23 Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 30, 2011 2:41 PM

I need to get better over the summer.

Hey I just started to play basketball seriously 6 months ago and Ive improved a lot but I'm not getting any better. I'm 6'4 and 14 yrs old so i'm about to go to highschool.Im a postplayer and i want to be able to dunk during the wintertime and i'm also skinny.Could anyone give me drills or tips to improve my game in 2 months.

• squareupnow Amateur 30 posts since
    Jun 9, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 30, 2011 4:24 PM (in response to Halif23)
    Re: I need to get better over the summer.

To improve in 2 months is a very good goal.  If you can string together 4 years by 2 months at a time then you have a chance to be very good.  You are tall for your age so considering how long your arms and legs are along with a number of other things you should have a few more inches to grow.  Your strength and size will come so dont worry about that.  Skinny or Lean guys have proven to be effective in basketball in many ways and you can find a role that fits you best in relation to what your good at.

What to do?  You need a ball in your hands every day for the next 2 months, dribbling and playing as much as you can to improve your skills and game IQ. You need to get in the gym or in your driveway and do ball handling drills 3 times a day, shoot 3 times a day, and work on your speed and quickness at least once a day.  how much you shoot and how much you work on your handles is up to you and the hours you have available to do so.  We have a new shooting aid that will help you with your shooting development if your truly a dedicated player.  It takes HARD WORK to be good at basketball and you seem to have a God given gift of size so I suggest you continue your search for answers, develop and expand your game as much as you can and you will have a shot at greatness.  Your young so time is on your side, its up to you what your going to do with it.. Keep working hard!!!  JT

http://www.squareupnow.net

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points