Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

766 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 7:03 AM by thoroughbred21
edensacres Pro 197 posts since
Jun 19, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 29, 2011 5:53 AM

Hal Higdon Virtual Training - Any feedback

I am leaning towards following HH 1/2 marathon as my next endeavor - starting August 1.

Has anyone used the HH Virtual Training Website and/or paid for the Premium version?  I''m curious what you think.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Started C25K 3/29/11 for the third time - Graduated 7/1/11 - some of us take longer

Completed Races

Webster Co. Woodchopping Festival 5K (5/28/11) 38:03 "Holy crap! Did he just say 38 something? I was hopinig for 45 minutes"

Never underestimate yourself!

That Dam Race 5K 7/23/11 44:46 - a challenging route & a hot day- but I will do better next year!

"Run for the Ta-Ta's 5K 10/29/11 39:54 in the snow!

Woodchoppers 5K 5/26/12 36:08 My 5 year old was 5 minutes behind me. Way to go Liat!

Fly By 10k 6/16/12 1:24:12

And the dream race...

"Flying Pig Half Marathon" Cincinnati, OH (May 2013)

• BradW44 Pro 119 posts since
    Jun 15, 2010
    1. Jun 29, 2011 7:02 AM (in response to edensacres)
    Re: Hal Higdon Virtual Training - Any feedback

I havent, but I have heard good things.  In addition I have followed a couple of his training plans over the years and found them to be very helpful.  Good luck!

Brad

www.RunnersPlan.com

• thoroughbred21 Amateur 19 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    2. Jul 1, 2011 7:03 AM (in response to edensacres)
    Re: Hal Higdon Virtual Training - Any feedback

I am using the free version of the Hal Higdon Half-marathon training plan right now, training for the Rock and Roll race in St. Louis in October.  Prior to starting this plan I have run only 5K's, so the half is an exciting goal for me.

I am finding it very useful and practical.  The times in relation to the distances are a bit 'optimistic' for me.  I'm slow!  So, HH will say "run 4 miles, 40 minutes".  I am pretty much ignoring the times and going for the distances.

I reach my first 5 mile run this weekend, and am signed up for a race that distance.  Unfortunately it is going to be hot and humid, so I am certain to be walking some parts of it.  Plan to use it for 'going the distance' and heat training.

Hope you find it helpful!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...