Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

44348 Views 252 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 9:08 AM by scotth0911 Go to original post 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next
  • JstBcoz Amateur 23 posts since
    Jun 27, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    240. Apr 25, 2011 8:47 PM (in response to desertrose)
    Re: Graduation??

Hi Everyone,

I finished week one of Bridge 2 10K.  I start week 2 tomorrow.  I took really advanced Pilates class on Friday that I had no business being in, and I am still SO, SO sore.  I ran anyway, but it was really difficult.

Desertrose, great to hear about the Irongirl 10K in Del Mar.  I'm in SoCal also.

Happy Trails,

Jeanie

• Jazzyjd Amateur 19 posts since
    Sep 22, 2010
    241. Apr 26, 2011 6:54 AM (in response to JstBcoz)

Finally, I haven't been able to log into the message boards for the longest time.  I am signed up for an 8 K for the 21st of May.  I just started the bridge program yesterday -- I had run the day before and it was quite hot (although I opted for the treadmill) my heart rate was staying pretty high and so I ended up only doing three of the intervals.  I will try again on Wednesday  (Pilates will be enough for today after two days of running in a row).  I am a little nervous but I think I can do it if I can just keep my head in the right place.  I would like to improve my time but I guess that will take time as my heart rate/recovery is still high -- I need to be in better shape to run faster.

Congratulations to all of those great 5K times.

• moitresor Amateur 22 posts since
    Jan 29, 2011
    242. Apr 28, 2011 11:14 AM (in response to Jazzyjd)

Hi everyone... So glad you are all still here...I know we have slowed down with the replies etc but life is here!...I continue to enjoy reading the posts and since I am usually on my phone, I really read and leave...haha...my thumbs can't do too much typing...

Anyway, I am here.. and I finished the 10K as I posted earlier, and I stress finished, because that is about all I did...haha...So I took off for the month of April for personal reasons and did keep a little fitness going...but only the basics...I am beginning May 1 with the 10K bridge program and gonna need your help...!

I will keep up with you all and Thank you for the support and posts...

• Simmsmouse Amateur 21 posts since
    Feb 17, 2011
    243. Apr 28, 2011 11:38 AM (in response to moitresor)

Hi guys

I have stared the B210K but the heat down here in the south is upon us already. I did the first two days ok but on Tuesday is was close to 90 degrees and tornado like winds so I didn't finish the workout. I am going to keep trying. I have decided to work on a larger prize, the Princess half marathon at Disneyworld in Feb 2012.  Who is with me?  It is a great event and I am an avid Disney fan so I think I am going to train for that. I figure by then I should be able to. I never thought I would be able to run the 5k but I have done that and now I am enjoying my runs more and more. I like that I am getting fitter than I have been in a long time. It has been great to have you guys encourage me along the way. I am no spring chicken, I will be 38 this summer and never ran before so I am really proud of my progress and all of yours as well. Keep it up and if anyone is interested in doing the half with me there are some great training program info on www.rundisney.com

Happy Running and keep it up

• momz04 Expert 41 posts since
    Jan 18, 2011
    244. Apr 29, 2011 11:24 AM (in response to Simmsmouse)

Hi everyone,

I have had a slow start to the B210K training...life keeps throwing things into my path.  Anyway, it is good to hear that so many of us are still on the program, although I haven't seen any posts from Kyle!!!

Desertrose - Iron girl that is great, I am thinking of trying a mini triathlon later this summer done through our YMCA.

And, Simmsmouse I love Disney too but I don't think I would be able to go to Florida because we are planning a trip to Disneyland in CA in 2012 but you have fun and work hard to get there!!!

The weather in Oregon has been cold and wet so I am hoping for some better spring weather to get out and run.  I logged my fastest mile on Tuesday of this week at 8 minutes 48 seconds.  Yeah.

Have a great week everyone!

• desertrose Pro 97 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    245. Apr 29, 2011 7:42 PM (in response to momz04)

Hello!!!!!

So, I've been mixing bike riding with the running lately - such different leg muscles!  Currently in Vegas where the wind is blowing so hard I could probably hitch myself to a kite and "run" around the corner with no effort. I have to make this a short post as I'm volunteering tomorrow for the Las Vegas Irongirl.  I figure I would see what I'm in for in November.

Momz04 - keep up the speed work.  Soon you'll be running a sub 20 min 5K

Simmsmouse - Hope you weren't affected by all the tornados.  Maybe we could all think of a 10K to do somewhere together.  I think a half marathon is a little to long of a distance for me but I'll be rooting for you!

Keep running!

Jan 29, 2011
    246. Apr 30, 2011 9:51 PM (in response to desertrose)

Hey everyone! How is the weather where you all are?

Here in Richmond Virginia it is beautiful...we have had some threats for tornados and one touchdown but aside from a few trees going down ..nothing ...thank goodness!

Hope everyone else is good.

I am psyching myself up for monday...gonna start the program again...I didn't really report my efforts last time til I woggled (walked/jogged) the ukrops 10k but now I am ready to push on.

I checked on the Disney stuff...they start taking apps in July it says.. Maybe, kids would love it...but for now I need to become more diligent in my training.

..I was great til I added a "buddy" and it really messed me up...guess Im a solo runner...actually like the alone time...

I would not mind getting together on a somewhat local level for a run and lunch between us, but I don't think we are as local as we feel..haha

OK...well wish me ...tenacity...(I'd say luck, but luck has nothing here...just plain tenacity...)

Oh., I think it was kyle who asked where everyone went for awhile...haha...WE ARE HERE!
    COME BACK KYLE, COME BACK!!  LOL

HAVE A GOOD DAY ..ALL--JAMIE

Jan 29, 2011
    247. Apr 30, 2011 9:55 PM (in response to moitresor)

SORRY, it was MOMz04 that had asked where we were...BUT we are still here!!

Jan 18, 2011
    248. May 9, 2011 12:39 PM (in response to moitresor)

Well I tried a few different 10K programs but I have decided to do the same on that Klye talked about previously.  I completed W1D2 of that workout and was very impressed with it.  It gave me the opportunity to get outside my typical route, into the country!!!  Loving it.  How is everyone else doing on their journey?

• scotth0911 Expert 42 posts since
    Mar 7, 2011
    249. May 18, 2011 12:19 PM (in response to momz04)

i was checking out the disney running link and there are 2 in disneyland....both half (disneyland--sep. 2 of this year, but most likely the first weekend of sept. each year and tinkerbell--jan. 27)

• Simmsmouse Amateur 21 posts since
    Feb 17, 2011
    250. May 18, 2011 1:06 PM (in response to scotth0911)

Here is the Disney Schedule.

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (California)

Sept 2-4 2011

Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend in Disneyworld (Florida)

Sept 30- Oct 1 2011

Walt Disneyworld Marathon weekend (Florida)

Jan 5-8 2012

this will include the half and whole marathon

Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend in Disneyland ( California)

Jan 27-29 2012

Princess Half Marathon Weekend in Disneyworld (Florida)

Feb 24-26 2012

All of the races are really great, I plan on trying the Princess Half in Feb 2012. If you are not up for the half marathon distance they have 5K races at all of the events. There is also marathon and half marathon relay races as well. So bring a friend and split it up.

I have not been following any one plan for running lately. I did get a great present for Mother's Day, a Garmin Forerunner 305 watch and it is fantastic. If you are serious about keeping on running it is a great tool. You can set specific training programs or just run. It shows your pace, time, disntance and heart rate. I also downloaded Jeff Galloways Ultimate 10k to my phone and use it also. No matter what keep running. Hope to see some of you at a race one day.

Jan 18, 2011
    251. May 18, 2011 2:45 PM (in response to Simmsmouse)

Hey Simmsmouse,

I asked for the Garmin Forerunner for my birthday coming up in June, if I don't get one I will buy one anyway.  I really love the idea of just going out and running, not caring the direction and being able to see how fast you went, what the distance was, your heart rate, etc....I am glad you are enjoying it.  I am planning a trip to Disneyland in Dec. 2012 so I will be on the look out for any runs happening at that time.  Thanks for the info on all of the upcoming Disney runs!!  Glad to hear you are still running and loving it.

• scotth0911 Expert 42 posts since
    Mar 7, 2011
    252. Jul 1, 2011 9:08 AM (in response to Simmsmouse)

I am training for a half in KC this Oct. (have started a thread on that) and I would not mind doing the wine and dine next year if I could come up witht the funds for it.

1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...