Skip navigation

1765 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2011 4:47 PM by OLballer20 RSS
lebron6heat Rookie 2 posts since
Jun 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 29, 2011 10:14 PM

Private school?

ok i goto a stupid private school and im scared its going to ruin any of my chances with basketball in the future since my school is small and private and we only play the very few other private schools in the area. We have a full team and regular games but nobody is serious like me about basketball. im not sure if i should move to public school for sports if im good enough near my senior year ?

• bryankid Amateur 34 posts since
    Jun 26, 2011
    2. Jun 30, 2011 2:23 AM (in response to lebron6heat)
    Re: Private school?

Got the college ncaa and

• squareupnow Amateur 30 posts since
    Jun 9, 2011
    3. Jun 30, 2011 10:21 AM (in response to lebron6heat)

The size of the school should be no concern to you if you are a college type of player. So if you are indeed that good and you indeed work that hard your game will speak for you and it wont matter what school you are at.  Now naturally bigger schools that are public and private will get a few more looks but all it takes is one look from a scout to see you or hear about you and it can lead to a scholarship.  I suggest you keep working hard, be loyal to the school you are at and dont worry about if it is public or private.  Each players path to college basketball is different and it is not always smooth so just hold on, have faith, and work on your game.  If worse comes to worse you can try to walk on to a college team and work up from there.  Keep your head up!  Good Luck!

http://www.squareupnow.net

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    4. Jul 3, 2011 1:18 PM (in response to squareupnow)

just make a name. there are recruits everywhere.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• cntmeasureheart Pro 103 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    5. Jul 3, 2011 1:51 PM (in response to lebron6heat)
    if your woried about exposure have sum1 video tape ur games then make copies of ur best 1s and send them 2 collages u want 2 play for. my friend plays football and he did this and he got offers from oklahoma and navy.
  • OLballer20 Expert 36 posts since
    Jul 11, 2010
    6. Jul 3, 2011 4:47 PM (in response to lebron6heat)

Okay...ussually kids want to go to private school. Small schools dont matter to scouts if the team is good. James McAdoo who is going to UNC is coming out of a private school with like 750 kids.Thats not alot, my school is a public school who has 2500 kids and we barely send kids to college for basketball.Oak hill is always a national basketball powerhouse, but it only has 150 kids. The first thing you need to do to get to college from your pivate school is make the team. Then you need to express your dreams to your coach.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points