Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1053 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 3:59 AM by EnricNL RSS
EnricNL Amateur 19 posts since
Dec 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 2, 2011 8:00 AM

How to fill in between plans / races ?

I am starting a new 12 weeks plan for the Amsterdam Marathon after taking 3 months rest (crosstraining and reducing my mileage to a single 10 mi run on weekend). My mileage before the Utrecht Marathon on 25 April was between 30 - 35 mi weekly. Before the marathon I have a 10k race in Utrecht (Utrecht Singelloop, I love 10K), that's OK because it fits into my schedule. But after October 27 I have more races: at least one more 10k, Egmond half marathon and/or a trail competition somewhere in  between until the Utrecht Marathon 2012...  How

Between of some of the races there is no time to set up a 12-18 week schedule:

Amsterdam and the Egmond HM :10 weeks
Egmond and the Utrecht Marathon:13 weeks
U. MT and Hilversum 10K :1 week

My question is if it makes any sense to plan 3 different schedules or if I should just continue training. And if so, I suppose that I would have to reduce my mileage somewhat... but how much ?  Any tip will be appreciated.

--

<a href="http://expat.runlevel0.net">The adventures of an expat running in the Nederlands</a>

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...