Skip navigation

2270 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 8:28 PM by Robert Morrisey RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • dlh1070 Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 22, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jul 6, 2011 7:42 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Americana Festival 5K Reviews

this was my 2nd year running this race.   it's nice to have the parade watchers cheering you on.   Would like to see course changed up a little each year, although with all the people parking in the neighborhoods for the parade it may be difficult.  Didn't care for color or cut of shirts this year.  they were a little snug and they ran out of shirts way before the race so I couldn't trade like I did last year.  The post race snacks were better last year...warm water and bagel halves are not very appealing after a race!   last year there was a protein drink and energy bars.   As others commented, couldn't hear PA at all...only knew race started when people in front of me started moving!     Not sure if I will do this next year or find another.

• Robert Morrisey Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 29, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Jul 15, 2011 8:28 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Americana Festival 5K Reviews

It started with a dead speaker and few heard the National Athem.  Was there a gun to start the race; not at this race.  If you were up front you heard, "GO", maybe.  What was your time at mile one, mile two and three, opps, no marking of the miles.  Why can't a race of over 1,000 people get a decent race director?

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...