Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1430 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2012 2:02 PM by Corboowner
nimblejay Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 6, 2011 6:10 PM

Best Massage Sticks

Hey everybody, I am new to running but when I was at the local running store they recommended buying a personal massager for my tight hamstrings and calves. They recommended a couple options, The Stick, Tiger Tail and the FlexMassager, would you guys recommend anything? After some basic research, The Stick seems tried and true, but when I looked up the FlexMassager it seemed like it would fit easier into my suitcase considering my travel schedule. Has anybody used it or have any advice?

• Run Heather Run Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 15, 2007
    1. Jul 7, 2011 1:46 PM (in response to nimblejay)
    Re: Best Massage Sticks

This is what has worked for me...  I use The Stick and also a foam roller.

The stick is good for taking with you on runs or travelling.  It comes in a travel size.  Also, try and get one that is not too flexible...otherwise it will not roll the knots out of your muscles that well.

I use the foam roller for longer runs but I try to do it at home since it involves getting on the floor and takes about 10-20 mins.

But I don't have any experience with the other rollers...my trainer told me that if it doesn't physically hurt when you are rolling your muscles (especially your hip and TI band) then it's not working.  That is why I think that foam roller is so good.

• Corboowner Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 3, 2012
    3. Nov 3, 2012 2:02 PM (in response to nimblejay)
    Best Massage Sticks

I think the new Corbo Golf Ball massager works better than the Stick or foam massager. I haven't tried the FlexMassager, but people tell me they like the Corbo one better too and it fits easily in your gym bag. It also conforms to your body and hits all the pressure points causing those aches and pains. Try it! They have a 30 day money back guarantee. You can get it at http://www.corboindustries.com.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...