Skip navigation

807 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 3:18 PM by 23AirJordan RSS
MVPx2 Pro 98 posts since
May 9, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 7, 2011 6:24 AM

Jumping higher?

going into 8th grade..about 3inches away from getting rim.. my goal is to dunk by freshman season as that would be a real plus in tryouts.. what are some excersizes to increase my leap/vertical?

Thanks

• eduardof Amateur 37 posts since
    May 9, 2011
    1. Jul 7, 2011 1:25 PM (in response to MVPx2)
    Re: Jumping higher?

well my coach told us this, now a days he is 2 meters tall (6 feet 6 inches) he dunks since the beggining of 9th grade he was 6 feet tall. he wanted to go pro so badly and he jumped rope every day for 30 minutes in summer from 8th to 9th, when he got back to school he dunked and was known in his school for that. so he tells our team to jump rope 30 minutes a day so we can jump higher. jumping rope is easy as hell u just jump while watching tv or anything, i jump rope 10 minutes a day and now i can barely toouch the backboard. i am going to 8th grade too and im 5'7 so just jump rope it well help ur vertical, your explosiveness, footwork and stamina and endurance hope this works bro

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    2. Jul 7, 2011 3:18 PM (in response to MVPx2)
    Re: Jumping higher?

Jack Cascio on youtube is supposed to add your vertical 3 inches in 3 minutes but you'll need a resistance band and I don't know if it works. Jump rope, squats, jumping squats, etc.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...