Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1812 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 7:28 PM by Designeer RSS
fourth and goal Amateur 10 posts since
Sep 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2011 12:09 PM

PRP injections used to treat high hamstring tendonopathy....any advice?

I have been trying to rehab high hamstring tendonopathy for 2 months. Physical Therapy, massage therapy and complete rest have all been tried with no progress being made. Today the orthopedist suggested PRP injections. Anyone have experience or wisdom they can share with me about this form of treatment?

• JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,147 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009

We are all waiting to see what happens to you, Fourth. That's why no  replies, lol!  Some pair PRP with Prolotherapy to enhance the effect,  but I'm not sure about its suitability for the tendonopathy you have. I  guess we'll find out..

What led to this injury? Do you bike? I'm wondering if there is anything to do with seating...

• Designeer Pro 125 posts since
    Jan 28, 2010

If you get really frustrated.........I bet the best prolotherapist in the USA (Dr. Hauser, caring medical.com) would encourage you to stay active during prolotherapy, but maybe only elliptical for awhile.............if the PRP doesn't do it....though I believe it will...............ask for strong prolo with sodium murhuatte  4 to 6 treatments and you'll likely get really strong there................I have had my whole body done after a bad bicycle accident...............this doc is a 3 time ironman finisher.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points