Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

41535 Views 284 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 5:47 PM by midwifemom 1 2 3 ... 19 Previous Next
ThinBound (Jaime) Pro 113 posts since
May 31, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 10, 2011 12:07 PM

July 11th C25K!! Who else is running!?

I'm starting C25K tomorrow (July 11) and though I'd see if there was anyone else out there who'll start it with me!

I'm a 30 yr old stay-at-home mom to a creative toddler who thinks going "super fast" in the stroller is the greatest. I started the program once already but stopped do to sore ankles but I'm back...and determined! So who's with me!! Let's go from couch potato to 5K finisher in the next 9 weeks together!

Jaime (Thinbound)

• JaimeLF Amateur 20 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    1. Jul 10, 2011 12:28 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))
    Re: July 11th C25K!! Who else is running!?

Hello there,

I just came across this site as I have always wanted to be a runner.  I want to get started again as I started before and moved too fast and ended up sore.  I am hoping that following this program will make it better.  I too am a stay at home mom and am 29 years old.  I have two daughters one is 10 months and one is 8 years old.  My name is Jaime as well! 

This will be great!  I look forward to keeping each other motivated!

Jaime

Jul 10, 2011
    3. Jul 10, 2011 3:50 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

I, too, pushed myself too hard...I thought that I could go farther than the specific dates told me to do.  I am shooting for the Merrell Down and Dirty 5K in October...which isn't a normal 5K but my boyfriend is a disabled veteran and I love the cause.  There are several other 5K that I have my eyes on but that is my goal.  I will be glad to have someone doing it with me!  I am gearing up to start early tomorrow morning before it gets too hot!  I don't have a treadmill at the moment!

Jul 10, 2011
    5. Jul 10, 2011 5:29 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Oh goodness!  I hope your son is okay!  I just found and read your blog and it was super inspiring!  Love it! I have a secret desire to one-day run an ultra marathon, however I am just focusing on the 5K at this point.  It is funny that we have so much similarities!  My boyfriend was in the Army for 9 years (before I met him) and was injured in Iraq and thus retired.  I am looking forward to getting up for my run/walk tomorrow. 

• Poizonivey Rookie 7 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    7. Jul 10, 2011 8:20 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

I have been flirting with the idea of doing this C25K program for about a week or so, but have yet to find the motivation. I am 28 yrs old and a stay at home mom also. My husband is also a disabled veteran!!  I will so do this with you ladies! A little over a year ago, I was running 3 miles a day 4 times a week..but some how over the past year I have allowed myself to fall of the wagon completely (and in the process gain about 40 lbs, yikes!!) So ladies, looks like you have a vitual running buddy!!

Bonnie

P.S. What state do you ladies live in?

• FallenAnjel Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 21, 2010
    8. Jul 10, 2011 9:16 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Hi Jaimie, I just started C25K tonight.  I had been contemplating it for many months, but thought I wanted to lose some weight before I started running.  (Ever see a fat person run?  ROFL)  Still not totally into letting people see me run-- I ran after dark tonight, LOL.  Besides, it's MUCH cooler anyway. (I live on Long Island).

Anyway, I"ll be 41 in September and I am a single parent to an 8-1/2 yr old boy.   I started dieting/changing my eating habits back in March when the dr. was concerned about my blood pressure.  I started using the My Fitness Pal app and cut down my calories to 1200 and cut out all junk food, white starches, sugar and salt (sugar and salt I hardly ever ate).  Without any exercise regimen, I lost 19 pounds in 3 months.  My goal is 50 lbs, so I've got a ways to go, but now I feel I can start jogging to get used to it.  I would love to be able to do 5K without stopping..  heck, I"d love to do more than 90 seconds w/o huffing and puffing! LOL 

Are you starting Monday night?   I went tonight (Sunday), and was going to go Tuesday and Friday.  I also like to go up to the track and walk 3 miles, but I may just do the c25K instead of walking..  I may even do the c25K an extra night, I'll go Thursday as well.

Good luck!!

• Poizonivey Rookie 7 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    9. Jul 10, 2011 9:29 PM (in response to FallenAnjel)

I also use my fitness pal as well... I love their site! Although, I have to admit I have been fooling aorund the past couple of weeks..I swear I am back on the wagon tomorrow!!

• TrinaAK Amateur 12 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    10. Jul 10, 2011 9:41 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind if I join you on this thread!  I'm 30, no kids yet and work full-time.  I was always that fat kid growing up, so wasn't much into exercise.  2 years ago there was a weight-loss challenge at work and so I started a jogging routine that got me up to 15 minutes jogging straight, which was for me was really good.  The past year I have totally fallen off track and haven't jogged at all.  I think I over-did the jogging, as for awhile I truly hated the thought of having to do it again.  But, after gaining some weight and becoming out of shape again, I"ve realized that I will probably never run a marathon, nor do I have to, but I would like to get back to the jogging as a way to get healthy once again.  I also go on the fitnesspal website and find it a most valuable tool - except when I overeat that is!  So, starting tomorrow I'm going to try the couch-to-5k jogging routine, start eating healthier and hopefully stay on track!  Hopefully we can make our way through this jogging journey together!

Trina

• pavingmyway Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    11. Jul 10, 2011 9:45 PM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

I am starting tommorow too. or well today since its past 12. But i plan on going bright and early at 8 am

• JMarv Rookie 3 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    12. Jul 11, 2011 12:24 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Yes please!

I would love to join. Explaining pathetic reasons to other people would make me embarrassed and give me the kick up the backside that I need.

• haleyhd Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 10, 2011
    13. Jul 11, 2011 12:33 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Hi everyone!

I am a 29 year old teacher, and I need to get in shape!  This thread and C25K are just the motivation I need to get moving this summer.  My husband and I recently moved halfway across the country from Chicago to North Carolina.  I accomplished my main goal of the summer (finding a new job), and now I have time to relax before school starts in August.  Running can be relaxing, right?  I would really like to greet my 30th birthday in January with more confidence and better health.  Unfortunately, I have never been a huge fan of exercise, I'm addicted to sweets, and thanks to the horrid side effects of a migraine medication a couple of years ago, I've put on way too many extra pounds.  I need to change my eating habits and start exercising.  Scratch that, I CAN change my eating habits and start exercising!

Perhaps I'll call this my 30 before 30. 

Good luck!

Haley

Jul 10, 2011
    14. Jul 11, 2011 4:22 AM (in response to ThinBound (Jaime))

Jaime-Oh my goodness, what type of dog do you have that weighs 60 pounds at 6 months?  We have a great dane/american bulldog mix that is 2 years old and weighs in at a bit over 150.  He is a giant and a pain to wash...that is why he is so dirty right now.  I bet it is killing your little one to not be able to play with his buddy!  My 10 month old loves Sodi (our dog)  She is always crawling up to him and touching him.  Enjoy your hubby being off!  Is he still in the service? 

My run/walk was good this morning.  I got up at 4:30 so I could beat the little one getting up.  I had a banana and some diet coke (my weakness) before my run.  Not as good as water but hey!  I am amazingly out of shape and the 1 minute runs got me breathing deeper that is for sure.  I ran in my vibrams, but might have to switch to my minimalist running shoes because I had to run on our driveway which is sand/dirt and it got in my shoes and made my toes a little sore.  All in all it was nice to run outside while it was still relatively cool and it seemed like I was the only one in the world!  I was just surrounded by the roosters crowing at my neighbors place. 

I can't wait to hear how your run goes. 

1 2 3 ... 19 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...