Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1591 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 8:36 AM by vamazzeo
jojo7 Amateur 27 posts since
May 9, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2011 2:31 PM

Any feedback on the Nike Vomero 6??

I'm looking at switching from Newtons to the Nike Vomero 6's and wanted to see what other runners think of them. I was always used to running in Mizunos prior to the Newtons but my local store had me try on these new Nikes...and I absolutley loved how they felt.  I have a wider foot and never wore Nikes because they were always too narrow but these we much wider and were so cusiony. Just wondered what others that have been running in them think? Are you running longer distances in them too? Let me know what you think

Thanks!

JoJo

www.MyRaceRagZ.com

"What will you WEAR on your next RACE DAY???"

• vamazzeo Rookie 5 posts since
    Jan 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 11, 2011 8:36 AM (in response to jojo7)
    Re: Any feedback on the Nike Vomero 6??

Hi Jojo7,

I've been running in Nike Vomeros for many years.  I currently have the Vomero 5.  I haven't had the opportunity to try the Vomero 6 yet.

I've been very happy with my Vomeros.  If fitted properly, the shoe is very comfortable.  I run about 20-30 miles/week.  The shoes hold up well. 

I'm currently training for a half marathon.  These are the shoes I use for training and the run.  They are very comfortable at the beginning and end of the run.  The longest run I've done so far with them is 10 miles.  The shoes keep your feet cool for the run.   

The shoes are also Nike+ compatable.  Nike+ allows you to track your runs (distance, time, pace, etc.) with a variety of devises (Nike Sportband, ipod nano, iphone, etc).  It's a really cool system. 

I hope that helps.

If you'd like you could always check out Nike's website for other user reviews.

Cheers,

Victor

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...