Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

850 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 8:06 PM by Nursey318 RSS
ritchierd Amateur 35 posts since
May 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 12, 2011 2:46 PM

Running bug!

Running must be contagious and addictive. I finished C25K a couple weeks ago and am now working on Hal Higdon's half marathon training. Today I got my wife and her best friend started on W1D1 of C25K (their idea) It was pouring rain today but damn it they were set and surprised themselves how well they did. I went out with them after I did my own 2 mile (short one for the week) run in the rain. It wasn't much for me but they're off the couch and really like it so it can't be bad. Watching them today definitely gave me some perspective on just how far I've come though.

Started C25K - April 19, 2011

Graduated C25K - July 2, 2011

Started at 246 lbs

As of September 16, 2011 - 195lbs

http://www.dailymile.com/people/ritchierd#ref=tophd

• BradW44 Pro 119 posts since
    Jun 15, 2010
    1. Jul 13, 2011 11:59 AM (in response to ritchierd)
    Re: Running bug!

Having the desire and mental toughness to make it happen is the hardest!  Congrats to you guys and welcome to the rest of your life!!!

Happy running!

Brad

www.RunnersPlan.com

• Nursey318 Amateur 17 posts since
    Apr 28, 2011
    3. Jul 15, 2011 8:06 PM (in response to ritchierd)
    Re: Running bug!

I agree that the running bug must be contagious!  I am on week 7 of C25K and since starting, I have had several other friends begin the plan as well. It's amazing how many people are getting into running all at the same time.

Happy running!

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them- every day a task anew."

-St. Francis DeSales

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...