Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1037 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2011 1:37 PM by Andypaul22 RSS
Andypaul22 Rookie 6 posts since
Jun 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 27, 2011 1:28 PM

How good are the paid for training schedules?

I am going to do a marathon and have been looking at a number of training schedules. Has anyone used a paid for schedule? Are they better than the general free ones? I found two such plans on this site http://www.runningamarathoninfo.com  Has anyone used either of these?

Thanks, Andy

• BradW44 Pro 119 posts since
    Jun 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 1, 2011 11:19 AM (in response to Andypaul22)
    Re: How good are the paid for training schedules?

Andy, for the most part, training plans are all similar. When someone contacts me for coaching, the first thing I tell them is that what I create for them will be the same or similar to what they will find on-line.  The difference is the amount of interaction you get from your virtual coach if thats what you are looking for.  Many beginners need to have their program tweaked as they progress trhough it in order to prevent injury.  Others just need someone to help them stay motivated and on task.  Do your homework.  I can tell you that I have had great success for myself and others I have coached using a program similar to Jeff Galloways program.  Good luck in your training.

Brad

www.RunnersPlan.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points