Skip navigation

1762 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2011 10:29 PM by ContactLensesExpress RSS
sachilles Rookie 3 posts since
Jul 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 13, 2011 9:54 AM

What do I do with my glasses during an open water swim?

I am newbie getting ready for a second race.  My eyesight is so bad that without my glasses its hard for me to find my bike in the transition area.  Last race a kind official saw me looking for a place for to put my glasses after the swim.  He held them for me when I came out of the water.  I suspect that will not something I can count on.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

• lvziggy Amateur 18 posts since
    May 4, 2011

whoo boy, do I feel for you!  I used to be in the same boat.  My eyesight was REALLY bad, and having to deal with glasses or contacts kept me from doing a lot of activities, especially snorkeling.  I finally had lasik done several years ago and it was the best decision I've ever made.  I can see how participating in a triathlon would be an issue.  I know they make prescription snorkel masks, maybe you could see if someone makes prescription swim goggles?    If not, maybe you could just use a prescription snorkel mask?  I know they aren't the best for swimming, but if it's your only option . . .

edited to inquire about contact lenses?  I assumed you don't wear them, but if you could try some that might be the easiest answer.  The goggles would keep the water out of them.

• cnjhudson Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 14, 2011

I have the same problem. I found a site online where I could buy prescription goggles and I wear those all the way to transition. I leave my glasses in my bike helmet. The goggles weren't expensive -- only $8! While I couldn't get a perfect match for my prescription I got one that was close enough.  In order to do that I went to my eye doctor and showed him the options that I could get and he told me which one was best. Unbelievable difference for me -- Swimming -- even just casual -- is so much more fun because I can see! woo hoo!

swimoutlet.com is the site I bought mine at.

• ContactLensesExpress Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 14, 2011

Get more interesting tips on buying online for contact lenses online. Caring and wearing tips for contact lenses. Order online contact lenses at best discount price at http://www.contactlensesexpress.co.uk

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points