Skip navigation

2740 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2011 9:38 AM by miamiHEATBOY23 1 2 Previous Next
balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
Feb 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 13, 2011 9:20 PM

who would u want

if kobe and d-rose went 1 on 1 who would win?

I picked kobe just because of the size advantage, and rose's inconsistentcy of his jumpshot.

• eduardof Amateur 37 posts since
    May 9, 2011
    1. Jul 13, 2011 11:37 PM (in response to balla2011)
    Re: who would u want

dude u cant ask that! kobe would win! kobe has been for more that 10 years and derrick for 2! kobe has much more experience, but if derrick had more experience he would win

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    2. Jul 14, 2011 5:51 AM (in response to eduardof)

you dumby, rose would kick his butt. he's a much better driver, quicker, better handles. and rose has played for 3 years and kobe for 15 years.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

Mar 20, 2011
    3. Jul 14, 2011 5:53 AM (in response to balla2011)

and his jump shot hasn't been consistent lately but i think he could win with his other talents.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• nick984 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 7, 2011
    4. Jul 14, 2011 8:32 AM (in response to balla2011)

it would be a great macthup but derick rose would be faster than kobe so i  dont know

• Jay4THE3eee Amateur 26 posts since
    Jul 11, 2011
    5. Jul 14, 2011 12:34 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)

I hope your talking about kobe @ 33.

Not in his prime.

Rose would not have a chance against prime kobe.

Kobe is WAY more explosive. WAY better shooter. Could drive in better than rose. Had size over him

Right now rose would win because kobe is no the same.

Mar 20, 2011
    6. Jul 14, 2011 12:52 PM (in response to Jay4THE3eee)

WHAT???????????????????????? Rose is better at driving than kobe in his prime. And more explosive.

Jul 11, 2011
    7. Jul 14, 2011 1:14 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)

Im talking about kobe in his prime.

In his Prime..

Rose better driver? Mabey.

More explosive? NOOOOO

Kobe is WAYYY more explosive

Mar 20, 2011
    8. Jul 14, 2011 1:52 PM (in response to Jay4THE3eee)

yeah i know kobe in his prime. rose was so a better driver. more explosive maybe. And besides, if kobe was so great in his prime, wouldn't he have won an mvp sooner? yeah rose would win.

Jul 11, 2011
    9. Jul 14, 2011 2:23 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)

Really?

You would bring up the mvp.

Best Player?

Was rose the best player this year?

Not even close.

Infact a 33 year old kobe has similar stats

Kobe: 25.3 5/5

Rose: 25.0 7/4

Sure rose won there but kobe is 33.. had bad knees.. and is no where what he use to be. Rose is 22 and athletic. Kobe has gasol who took alot of shots. While rose was the offence of the bulls.

Other players who were better than rose this year..

Lebron James. Dwayne Wade. Dirk Nowitski (who also deserved the mvp and is out of his prime)

Mvp Debate

Bringing up the mvp is hurting your side of the arguement because statisticly rose is the worst MVP we have seen so far.

20 attemps for 25 points.

Kobe also had a better Fg % ( even though kobe takes some stupid shots)

So statistically rose is not so great.

He carried the team?

He had the coach of the year.

Carlos Boozer who people so often over look. 20/10 and he played 60 games. Yes rose had to carry the load when he was not there but people act like rose was playing horrible when he was not.

Joakhim Noah 11/10 guy.

Loul Deng 18/6/3

Don't bring up kobe's teamates because nobody is saying kobe deserved mvp.

and about kobe winning the mvp at a early age? he had SHAQ on his team. Or else he would of had better stats.

AGE 22!

Kobe Bryant:

28.5 ppg

6 rpg

5 apg

Derrick Rose:

25 ppg

7 assists

4 rebounds

Kobe had shaq. Imagine if he was the main man as rose.

So quit making it seem like Rose @ 22 is close to Kobe @ 22.

In fairness I agree rose is 22 and has not seen  his prime.

But kobe was at a whole new level.

Rose should not be compared to kobe.

1on1.

Kobe is WAY more explosive.

Bryants Jumpshot is better.

Kobe has size.on rose.

Kobe is known to be a 1on1 killer.

His skills are way to much for rose.

Rose's jumpshot is inconsistent.

• cntmeasureheart Pro 103 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    10. Jul 14, 2011 3:14 PM (in response to 23AirJordan)
    when lebron an elite defender guarded d-rose in the 4th quarter in the eastern confrence finals rose was shooting below 20%. so kobe an d elite defender still at 33 goin 1on1 wit d-rose kobe is gonna beat his butt into the ground. tht simple. d-roses speed might b a lil bit of an issue but he can back off d-rose who cnt hit a j 2 save his life at times. and plus kobe being so much bigger muscularly and height wise d-rose doesnt really even stand a chance. and kobe in his prime was as close 2 jordan as ur ever gonna get in terms of scoreing. and kobe deserved a mvp during his prime he just had duncan and shaq in his way and then for sum reason nash.
  • mizzouchic2 Amateur 23 posts since
    Jul 16, 2011
    11. Jul 16, 2011 9:15 AM (in response to balla2011)

Duh, this is so obvious. Kobe is OLD! Number 1, he is a laker and lakers stink! number 2 he is old and slow... not a explosive as he used to be. number 3 yeah his jumper is sweet, but he can't penetrate anymore. D rose is fast has beastly handles and there is no way kobe could beat him!

Jul 11, 2011
    12. Jul 16, 2011 7:54 PM (in response to mizzouchic2)

Lmao. Bias Much?

Lakers suck and they stink.

How?

Derick has beast handles so he would win..

Wow.

Mar 20, 2011
    14. Jul 17, 2011 5:27 AM (in response to Jay4THE3eee)

the worst mvp we've had so far. what the heak. think, kobe's a ball hog shooting guard, rose is not much of a ball hog. and when kobe was 22, he'd been in the nba longer. rose averaged more assists though so it's why kobe had more points. he was the main man like rose. shaq can't shoot, all he can do is dunk. kobe is still the one shooting. rose has boozer who averages around 17 ppg and same with deng. all of our sg's like bogans, korver, and brewer can score well. when has size ever mattered in bball. it's skills not size. rose has way better moves, is quicker, and BETTER so give it a break. besides rose can rebound, pass, and score. he's the whole package. and yes, the coach deal. like i know that phil jackson won a title with the bulls with the same team doug collins had, but a coach doesn't make the big difference. they make a difference though. Rose is better than kobe was at that age and this age and is smarter.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...