Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1020 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 8, 2011 10:07 AM by Steit02
dejawuu Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 17, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 17, 2011 1:18 PM

help a guy with MD please

hello, i have muscular dystrophy which makes simple tasks like walking...difficult (running is a goal im working towards). my only problem is that i know next to nothing about how to exercise  my calf muscles or the muscle in front of my calf, which is where it really has affected me. so can someone give me any advice on how best to strengthen my lower leg muscles?

• Steit02 Amateur 10 posts since
    Nov 4, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 8, 2011 10:07 AM (in response to dejawuu)
    help a guy with MD please

Hey there. Well the only thing I can suggest is just doing calf excersises. Ever worked with any workout rubber bands? There is many excersises you can do to strengthen you calf and front of your calf with a band. Since you have MD Id say thats your best bet. Even body-weight calf raises. You can do those just on stairs at your house. Holding on to teh wall and just doing sets of them will help. Check out vms-one.com. I think these foot orthotics could really benefit you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...