Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1166 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 23, 2011 8:03 PM by KevinHughes75
JohnJ77 Rookie 2 posts since
Jul 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 1, 2011 10:53 AM

BTC-Bicycle Tour of Colorado

I just got back from the BTC last week, it was the best organized bike tour that I have ever been on, it was also the most scenic and challenging.  There was a little of everyting, major climbs, hair raising downhills, many miles along the Colorado River, and great overnight cities like Estes Park, Glenwood Springs, Steamboat Spring and Frisco.  This year there were quite a few obstacles thrown at the organizers like a big snow storm on top of Trail Ridge Rd., the Colorado River washing out about 16 miles of bikepath that we were supposed to ride on and CDOT's initial decision not to let us ride on I-70.  Their fast thinking and persistance dealt with all of these!  There was great support and adequate rest stops along each stage of the rides 460 miles.  There wew 1500 riders with a good mix of age and gender.  I would highly recommend this ride to any enthusiastic bike rider.  I am from Ohio, and working hard on the hills around here did allow for adequate preparation for the big ones out there.  www.bicycletourcolorado.com

Attachments:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...