Skip navigation

673 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2011 3:30 PM by Fox97 RSS
Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
Jul 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 2, 2011 10:10 AM

High School Ball.

I am gearing up for my first year of high school baasketball and I have no idea what to expect. I will be playing on the freshman team, JV team, and hopefully a little bit of varsity. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for me, or just has some input for the topic, I would really appreciate it!

• EliteBaller Pro 118 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011
    1. Aug 2, 2011 10:28 AM (in response to Fox97)
    Re: High School Ball.

Well I'm going into 8th grade and I made my 7th grade team and was the best player. You really want to keep practicing, hustle, be a team player, and what coaches love to see if players have DEFENSE. Don't be a ballhog, take good shots, Dive for loose balls, listen to the coach. Do things that will coach will like. If your hoping to play college ball you have to be outstanding out on the court. Also have someone video tape your games and send it to whatever college.

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    2. Aug 2, 2011 2:45 PM (in response to EliteBaller)
    Re: High School Ball.

im only going into 8th but i can tell you some tips from my expierance this year for playing on  my first AAU team. SHow your coach that you are willing to do all the little things. Dive for loose balls, shoot 70% or 80% on freethrows, crash boards, play D, things like that. And dont get down and upset of your playing time isnt increasing even if your are working harder than some players. Use it as motivation. Even if you think the player starting ahead isnt as good of you, just know that there is someway he is better becuz he starting. Use this to push yourself. If you are willing to work harder then anyone else, your high school career and beyond will be great. Just remeber this quote:

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesnt work hard

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points