Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1148 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2011 3:53 PM by mythic RSS
525Jerm Amateur 25 posts since
Apr 24, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 4, 2011 4:28 PM

Katcina Mosa or Wasatch 100

Just wondering If anyone in the Utah area is running Katcina or Wasatch, or both?

• Andrea in NB890s Amateur 10 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Aug 4, 2011 8:04 PM (in response to 525Jerm)
    Re: Katcina Mosa or Wasatch 100

I'll be volunteering at Aid Station 2 (mile 13) of Katcina Mosa this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you there. Then I'm going to hit the trail for a few miles along the course.

I'm also crewing for a buddy running the W100. Maybe I'll see you there, too. Perhaps the Bear 100 will be my next near-death experience.

Good luck at both of these events. Hope your training is going well and injury-free. Meanwhile, happy trails!

• mythic Pro 103 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    2. Aug 7, 2011 10:28 PM (in response to 525Jerm)

I was also volunteering yesterday at Aid Station 4 (Big Springs), and then crewed my brother after that.

Hope you had a great race!

C25K Graduate 10-30-10

"Do it now. You become successful the moment

you start moving toward a worthwhile goal."

~Samuel Johnson

• Andrea in NB890s Amateur 10 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    4. Aug 11, 2011 9:05 AM (in response to 525Jerm)

Glad you survived it. How did you do? It was a beautiful day on Saturday but really hot. I'm sure you felt it.

• mythic Pro 103 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    5. Aug 11, 2011 3:53 PM (in response to 525Jerm)

525Jerm wrote:

Ya I think I do remember sation #4, Pretty sure that was the one right before the climb up windy pass. I was the guy wearing a red sleeve on my head. I can't express how much I appreciate all the volunteers. It's soo nice to see a smile and food when you feel like crap.

Yes...Aid Station 4--that little oasis after the big drop from Lightning ridge and just before the climb to Windy pass. Here are a couple pics.   Volunteering and crewing is a blast.  I'll probably be crewing at Wasatch and The Bear this year, too.

big springs aid station 4.jpg

aid station eats.jpg

C25K Graduate 10-30-10

"Do it now. You become successful the moment

you start moving toward a worthwhile goal."

~Samuel Johnson

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...