Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

820 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 4:31 PM by SergeStorms RSS
Running Aficionado Pro 188 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 8, 2011 3:19 AM

What's the Best GPS Watches for Running?

Are  you planning to purchase the latest GPS watch for running?  If that's  the case, this short article will provide you valuable information to  help you. To start with, this report will lay down and review the  benefits and advantages of owning a running watch and then  have a look  at a number of the features in which you should try to look for.  And  then we will end off with a review of the key brand names and  their  price ranges.

If  you're seriously interested and passionate about running, owning a GPS  watch is a highly effective instrument for monitoring, measuring and  enhancing your overall performance. A sophisticated sports GPS watch can  precisely  measure Speed, Distance, Elevation and Heart Rate.  Furthermore, most of watches with GPS has the capability to plot 3D maps  of the running route you've made which can be  later on downloaded to  your computer. The obtained data can be then reviewed and evaluated in a  custom made computer program and application.

Read more to learn more about the "Best GPS Watches for Running"

Marathon Running

• SergeStorms Amateur 14 posts since
    Aug 5, 2011

Along these lines....I did some research.  I found a Garmin 405 refurb for $160....GREAT!  I am really new to running....but to keep me on speed for where I am and keeping track of the time and particulars...I am thrilled.  There is software to add to all the data...haven't gotten to it yet...

1st day using it.....it realized my treadmill is too hard on me!  Did more with a lower heart rate!  It really gives me hope!

GREAT addition to getting into running so I don't overdo it (this time).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points