814 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 8:15 AM by miamiHEATBOY23
Starcaster Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 8, 2011 6:51 PM

How to become a better athlete.

Whats up guys,

Im a 15y old 5'4'' pointguard.

I'm really explosive, i know how to lead a team, i have confidence and determination, i work but here comes the first problem... I feel like i don't train enough. How do you know you've train enough for the day...?

I'm new here on iHoops and ive read some oother threads and i saw that you guys train 2 or 3 hours a day: How does your training schedule(excersises)looks like?

I weight 132 lbs for 5'4'' and im pretty muscled. is that enough to be real physicall inside or should i be on a gain weight diet?

I am one of the best in my team, thanks to my though defence & competance. But i still wonna worl harder on my defence, is it posibble to work on it alone?

I hope you guys can help me,

Thanks!

• cntmeasureheart Pro 103 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    1. Aug 8, 2011 7:15 PM (in response to Starcaster)
    Re: How to become a better athlete.
    if ur 5'4" and 132lbs ur fine muscle wise. its sorta possible 2 work on defence on ur own. but only if ur just working on slides. other than tht the only real way 2 get better at d is play alot of 1on1 games.
  • MorganRaiders Pro 61 posts since
    May 22, 2010
    2. Aug 10, 2011 5:56 PM (in response to Starcaster)

Keep in mind that working at a good pace with good exercises/drills with perfect form for 1-2 hours is better than shooting around and playing pick up games or doing stuff with the wrong form for 2-3 hours. You can tell if you've trained enough when you are tired or have completed your workout. Btw plan your workout ahead as it will save you time. Also as for your weight just lift or do your basic strength exercises and you should be good.

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    3. Aug 13, 2011 8:15 AM (in response to Starcaster)

well i am 5'6 in the 7thgrade now and i am only 12 and i play shooting guard.i am the captain on the varsity team.i average 23 points 5 assist 6 rebounds 2 blocks so i would  practice your shooting everyday  atleast shoot 200 times.i can touch the rim and do you want to be friends.

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points