Skip navigation

1073 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 7:22 PM by cntmeasureheart
EzAssist Amateur 11 posts since
May 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2011 9:15 PM

Couple of questions? plz help.

So over the summer i've been going outside every chance i got to either practice or play a game with some friends.I also finnally got my card for the gym so i could workout over their and it looks i have everything together now but i have a few questions.

1. I dont feel like im getting a full workout on the court or at the gym what am i doing wrong?

2. Would it be a good idea to get a trainer or just train by myself and if so does anyone know some nearby trainers that live near elk grove or sacramento?

3. No matter how hard i try i just can't cross people i learned all the crossover but i never really go anywhere they just stop me while i try to drive anyone have some combinations i could use to break the defender's ankles?

4. Im 14 years old becoming a sophmore about 5'5 and i play pg and their some kids that  are pretty good at our school. how can i make sure i make the jv basketball team and let the coach know just because im not short doesn't mean im not good.

Sorry for the long post.Thank You.

• cavsfan13 Amateur 15 posts since
    Jul 27, 2011
    1. Aug 8, 2011 9:33 AM (in response to EzAssist)
    Re: Couple of questions? plz help.

i can answer number 4. no matter how tall you are or how strong you are, coaches always look for players that hustle. if you show them that you go after loose balls and try to get every rebound they will notice you. also if you give it all on the defensive end, they will notice that too.

• balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    2. Aug 8, 2011 12:22 PM (in response to EzAssist)

number 3. you just gotta work on it, and the key too a good crossover is selling the move... make him think you are going right, then quickly crossover too the left while you are going right at their hip, thats the biggest part of the whole move cause if you dont go right at his hip that will give the defender time too recover

number 2. i would get a trainer just because he will make sure you work hard, when you practice alone you tend too half fast things

and number 4. u wanna impress the coaches you need too: hustle, show leadership, and finally show them why you should make the team over everyone else there has too be something about you that sticks out over everyone else.

• cntmeasureheart Pro 103 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    3. Aug 8, 2011 7:22 PM (in response to EzAssist)
    in response 2 number 2 do everythang garretbuckmaster said and when ur getting ready 2 crossover make sure ur trailing foot is dragging a lil bit before u crossover. u can also look up the crossover on Dreyallday.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...