Skip navigation

839 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2011 2:33 PM by miamiHEATBOY23
CalvinLoo Amateur 13 posts since
Nov 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 9, 2011 1:08 AM

Long arms....

Being only 5'5 and a highschool player i often play guys significantly taller than me. Because I'm so short their arms are easily able to reach across, around, under my whole body. So this happens very often... I crossover they stick their arms out and poke the ball out(or cookie me) right before i seal them off. This happens extremely often and I'm not too sure how to stop it. It's quite embarassing as well. How do you shorter players drive and protect the ball from being poked away.

• BeatTheBest Amateur 20 posts since
    Mar 21, 2011
    1. Aug 9, 2011 2:11 PM (in response to CalvinLoo)
    Re: Long arms....

Practice the crossover on your own, make sure it's really low and try to get it as close to your body as possible.

Also, you can try different moves like behind the back (doesn't work that well) or the fake crossover and then drive. Or maybe you can jab step at them or something and shoot. Not the best answer on here but dont have much time right now, would be glad to help later.

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    2. Aug 9, 2011 2:33 PM (in response to BeatTheBest)
    Re: Long arms....

well i am 5'6 and iam in 7th grade now and i can touch the rim i am tall so my advice is just be a spot up shooter and try to get open.make your self a shooter.

Attachments:

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...