Skip navigation

3759 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2011 9:23 AM by nbadream1234567890 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
Feb 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 2, 2011 9:45 PM

college ball

hey everyone as u all know i am preparing for university basketball so I was wondering how much different do you think college ball will be compared too high school ball?

and if so how?

• jm640 Amateur 10 posts since
    Aug 3, 2011
    1. Aug 8, 2011 3:00 PM (in response to balla2011)
    Re: college ball

way different because now if u were the tall kid in high school, most of everyone will be as tall as you unless ur a 7 footer. and the physical advantages u may have had in high school like strength or height u wont be able to rely on anymore.  did u get a scholarship to play ball or did u just tryout and make it?

• AdidasJrPhenom42 Amateur 22 posts since
    Jul 31, 2011
    3. Aug 8, 2011 5:25 PM (in response to balla2011)

first of all it's alot more intense then high school ball and the college coaches will demand you working hard and if your not working hard or if your late then you won't play trust me i know i went to the nation's best invitational camp in the country

• miamiHEATBOY23 Legend 376 posts since
    May 21, 2011
    4. Aug 8, 2011 5:52 PM (in response to balla2011)

u will have play a longer game 20min. halves.also how tall or you you probaly will play pg.also you have to not be nervous cuz under the big show if you want to impress the scouts.just play your game whether your in a small college or big one just be a star and play your game. my cousin is in the nba.what college are you TRYING OUT FOR

Great players are great leaders.Miamiheatboy

• pointguard21 Amateur 37 posts since
    Jul 7, 2010
    5. Aug 8, 2011 7:18 PM (in response to balla2011)

Congratulations! hopefully one day I will play college ball.

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    7. Aug 9, 2011 6:33 AM (in response to balla2011)

Well if you're 6'3 work on your dunking skills. That will give you an even better chance.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• EliteBaller Pro 118 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011
    8. Aug 10, 2011 3:24 PM (in response to balla2011)

Highschool ball is way diffferent than college. People in college are very talented. They don't just get to play in college, because they want to. Some kids in high school make the team and there favorite sport may be football. In college these guys play basketball all the time and get scholarships for it. Good Luck in college.

• HoopCoach11 Rookie 5 posts since
    May 19, 2011
    9. Aug 11, 2011 8:14 AM (in response to EliteBaller)

The game is definitely faster. I can speak for small college basketball (D2) and say that everyone will be bigger, a stronger, and faster than what you are use to.  Imagine taking all of the best players from your area and putting them on one team.  With that said, you can and will adjust.  You just have to work at it.

Good luck!

Basketball Coach | Basketball Plays | Youth Basketball Drills

• 94Fifty Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 11, 2011
    10. Aug 11, 2011 10:23 AM (in response to HoopCoach11)

Work on your skills. That is the only chance you have. Pratice harder and be better than the rest of the team when it is your time to step up. They have a history of great players up there so it won't be easy.

94Fifty

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    11. Aug 11, 2011 10:26 AM (in response to balla2011)

what college are you going too? and have they had tryouts yet and if so did you make it?

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• Protege3 Amateur 29 posts since
    Jun 25, 2011
    13. Aug 12, 2011 11:16 AM (in response to balla2011)

Good luck. Hope to see you on tv in march

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    14. Aug 21, 2011 1:37 PM (in response to balla2011)

Everything is different. You got to be in better shape, everyone is  quicker, stronger, more athletic, smarter.  You got to be a hard worker day in and day out and willing to improve daily, because someone is always gunning for your spot. I'm still a HS player, but I think you also need something that seperates you from everyone else. Like, Jimmer Fredette's unbeliavble range and shooting ability is what seperates him from other college players. Not everyone can do what he does. Actually, I don't think anyone can honestly.

But, shooting, being a good/great ball-handler, a good teammate, a hard worker, and a good work ethic will get you to play anywhere. Of course you need talent too.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...