Skip navigation

553 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 8:16 PM by rkiser RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2011 8:23 AM

Panerathon 5K & 10K To Fight Hunger- Colorado Springs, CO Reviews

Share your experiences with the Panerathon 5K & 10K To Fight Hunger- Colorado Springs, CO below Back to event details page.

• drdsall Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 14, 2010

This was a great race!  Well organized and great food at the end.  Will do again!

• K G G Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2008

Good race overall.  The race is run on a bike path / running trail and is, for the most part, away from traffic.  After the first 0.2 miles (run through a parking lot), the route gets to the bike path and the 5K goes north while the 10K goes south.  They are both out-and-back courses.  This means that the first half of the 10-K is downhill and the return is uphill, making for a challenging finish.  The race was well-organized and the volunteers were great.  However, I have some complaints / issues:

1. It would have been nice to have a course map available beforehand.

2. My Garmin GPS measured the 10K at 6.1 miles, so I'm not sure I really ran a 10K.

3. The race t-shirts are cotton.  What exactly are we supposed to do with a cotton t-shirt??

4. There were only 3 Porta Potties available. There were at least 50 people waiting to use them less than 10 minutes before the start of the race.  The restrooms in Panera were available, but those lines were also very long.  I am certain that a number of people missed the start of the race due to this issue. Other people, who would have relieved themselves if they could have, had to wait till they'd finished their race.

• rkiser Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007

overall very well organized and a fun run. The one thing that was frustrating was the course was an out and back. Therefore you had to come back the same way you went out. The race announcer told the racers to stay right to allow room for the runners coming back. There were 2-3 groups of walkers that were blocking the whole path so it was a bit frustrating. Not really the races fault at all. You'd think that people would realize others were coming back and should make room, but unfortunately a couple of groups didnt want to make room for the runners coming back.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...