Skip navigation

1006 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2011 6:17 AM by MCM Ron
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2011 10:38 PM

Acclimatization...

So some of you do not know but I have spent much of the summer in Australia.  In the southern hemisphere it is winter time.  I am now back in Japan and the weather has really got me.  I was averaging right around and slightly faster than 8 minute miles.  Since returning to Japan I have slowed down by an average of 1:30 per mile.  I am so ready for October.  All those out ther be careful and just know that once the temps cool your pace will quicken.  13 miles today at perhaps one of my slowest paces of the year.

This place is like home!!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Aug 14, 2011 7:21 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Acclimatization...

Good job getting it done, Jimmy.  It's like starting all over with the warmer weather.  I think I'm more sensitive to it as I get older.  Cooler weather is on its way though!

Len

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    3. Aug 15, 2011 6:57 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Len, I know of what you speak.  Jimmy, whatever time, you did 13!!!!!  I hope to get back there, however slow!

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    4. Aug 15, 2011 7:04 AM (in response to dutch omi)

I am having issues this summer for sure, hitting my times during the week but Fri and Sat's runs I have struggled!

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    5. Aug 16, 2011 6:17 AM (in response to BOSNPM)

That's a rough switch, Jimmy!  Give it a week and you'll probably be feeling much more normal.  Right now I'm finallly starting to feel like I've acclimated to the summer.   My times are still slower on the warmer days, but I can manage better than a month ago.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...